Why become a member? ×

Anyone heard 'Tip of My Tongue' by The Tubes?

StevieC

Hi all,

On Itunes the other day and downloaded The Tubes' album track 'Tip of my Tongue' to add to my playlist of awesome tunes that I've loved over the years.

I think Earth, Wind and Fire had a lot to do with it (The Tubes collaborated at lot) and it shows. Completely groovy, dynamic with the bass locked sooooooo tightly with the bass drum.

A totally brilliant track - Can anyone shed anymore light on who played on it?

Steve

[quote name='StevieC' post='223480' date='Jun 21 2008, 11:12 AM']Hi all,

On Itunes the other day and downloaded The Tubes' album track 'Tip of my Tongue' to add to my playlist of awesome tunes that I've loved over the years.

I think Earth, Wind and Fire had a lot to do with it (The Tubes collaborated at lot) and it shows. Completely groovy, dynamic with the bass locked sooooooo tightly with the bass drum.

A totally brilliant track - Can anyone shed anymore light on who played on it?

Steve[/quote]
"I'm not cunning, I'm no linguist" - what a naughty start to a second verse :huh:

Ah the Tubes, one of my all time favourite bands. The last few times they have been over we have had at least one, and normally more band outings to see them. They still put on a brilliant show

They were a big influence on a band the rest of the guys had - but I never quite got to join (it split just before they got around to asking :) ) [attachment=9936:HR2.jpg]

We still do White Punks, did Talk To Ya Later for a while and a couple of other, but not this one. It's funny how there always seems to be at least one Tubes fan lurking at every gig.

Probably Rick Anderson on this as he has been bass player throughout and forms a really solid rhythm section with Prairie Prince

Edited by WalMan