Why become a member? ×

LD Systems MEI 1000 IEM

mr zed

So, if I go and give the LD MEI 1000 a go, what do you suggest for reasonable "starter" (or "cheap yet good") buds? Should I suck it and see with the Shures? They sound great with my iPhone but I'm guessing my idea of "great" is somewhat limited having not experienced anything better at present. Brian's using a pair of 215s which he seems to really like so there's always these as an alternative.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't want to blow all that money on the 1964s or ACS buds when the LD is the limiting factor.

Does your iems fit into you moulded plugs ok then? Id start with what youve got and work from there. Youll soon know if youve got the bass headroom that you personally require.

I cant really comment on the quality of the LDs... So dont know what to suggest.

As for IEMS, I can show you some crazier stuff yet!! (but you wont thank me!)

Edited by EBS_freak

You may find this thread interesting -

[url="http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php?Number=1015083"]http://www.soundonso...?Number=1015083[/url]

Of course, you have to realise that this is forums we are dealing with and opinions can sometimes be taken with a pinch of salt but I found the fact that the LD systems and tBone systems being the same quite interesting. The higher priced tBone IEM200 unit actually looks to be quite nice... just trying to figure out if the receiver is metal or not.

Also, the report of the LD not being as responsive of the PSM200s and the detail in the bass and highs not being good, would urge you to check them out before hand, given my experience of the PSM200s with bass.

EDIT : Hmm, these tBones seem to get very, very mixed reviews too!

Hmm. Would love a day with all these devices back to back and record a load of sound samples through them to put them all in the black and white.

Edited by EBS_freak