Why become a member? ×

Rayman Bass history

Rayman

My first two basses were a Columbus jazz and a Squire Precision, but that's going back to the 80's, and that was long before I took pictures of my stuff, and to be honest, they weren't worth showing anyway.

Next, MIM Precision, upgraded with badass, Quarterpounder, Hipshots etc etc. Fabulous bass, and still the best Precision I've ever played regardless of where it was made, the neck was gorgeous, and the sound with the Seymour Duncan QP was awesome, seen here with the Yamaha mid 80's BB3000S, a superb bass. I should've kept them both:

Then, the Yammys, a 400S fretless, a 3000S and an 1100S, all 80's models:

Then, the Thunderbird, an awesome rock bass, with a beautiful neck and a massive sound, Epiphone, but better than any Gibsons I've tried. The Marcus Miller jazz, loved it, should never have sold it, and I'll be getting another someday for sure. The Ibanez Precision was a 1975 model, packed with mojo, another great bass, I used it for playing dub reggae mainly:

Fender Precision Deluxe, the very one Mikeh had from me, great bass, but I traded it for his Lakland JO:

Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn, loved it, loved it, should still have it, but I needed to raise some cash, so out it went:

Highway One jazz with Villex pups (seen here before the new pups were fitted) and the Stingray, my babies, and going nowhere, any future basses will be bought not traded for these:

Edited by Rayman

[quote name='Rayman']to be honest, they weren't worth showing anyway.[/quote]

i would disagree. If anyone cares (which they probably don't) and coludn't find a pic of a columbus jazz bass (nvm about the other one, if you've never seen a squier p-bass before, you must have been born blind) theb here's one. It's mine, why i ever got rid of that sexy naturally aged sunburst finish i will never know.

Maybe I'm doing the Columbus an injustice, it [i]was[/i] 25 years ago! I can remember gigging with it, and thinking it was hard work back then. I borrowed an S.D.Curlee bass from a mate about the same time, and it was a dream to play compared to my Columbus, I remember thinking "Wow, this is a real pro bass".

The Columbus looked the part from a distance (except for those tuners), and I'm sure that with a few upgrades it'd be a good little bass. Yours certainly looks nice that's for sure, mine was identical, except for the fact that I painted mine black!!