Why become a member? ×

Bandmates 'weathering' a P Bass

elom

so..... the band made this video.... and the bass player was in on it.....

my main problem- it's not funny- it's not even a good way to comically damage something - like -they hit it on a door.... that's not funny, or rock and roll... it's just... if you're going to smash something do it well.

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1381853413' post='2244577']
A boring tale.........
I played a festival once where the middle class twunt of a bass player who went on before us threw his Ampeg SVTIII head off the back of stage during the load out "because I'm having a bad day".

It broke into many pieces.
[/quote]

Thought they were supposed to survive that sort of abuse...

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1381781435' post='2243769']
No I'm not joking; Fender really do claim to be able to predict the sound of a finished bass by tapping on the neck and the body :lol: . Hilarious but true ! ;)
[/quote]

Saying they can predict something by doing it is one thing but I'm afraid I can't believe they do anything of the sort to the hundreds of pieces of wood that pass through their mass production every day. The bodies are machined a stack at a time.

Especially the Mex bodies:
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/chadbang/media/IMG_5891.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/chadbang/IMG_5891.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

You may find a custom builder doing something like this as he wanders through his suppliers stock.

Edited by 4 Strings

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1381857493' post='2244645']
Not from 3 metres up and hurled diagonally onto a concrete slab it didn't, believe me.......... :(
[/quote]

I was being facetious. The saddest bit was not so much the loss of the classic amp but the Dad's reaction. I wonder if spotty youth hurled diagonally onto a concrete slab would have been better.