Why become a member? ×

What output to use for a tuner with no retunr

bonzodog

Hi
This might seem a daft question but I am going to utilise a bass tuner that I have that only has an input socket .Would it be best to use the 'send' ouput from the back of my HA3000 or the 'line out'.
I am assuming it doesn't matter but just thought Id check

Also if using the 'send' i presume I would use a guitar lead but if using the line out do i use a guitar lead or speaker lead?

Thanks

Won't a Send socket be wired such that it interrupts the signal chain within the amp? (usually between the send and return sockets).

If this is the case then the line-level signal will be correctly sent to the tuner and it will work OK but there will be no sound output from the amp.

If the Send socket doesn't interrupt the internal signal chain, then the tuner will work OK [u]and[/u] the amp will still operate as normal.

Having said, if the amp has a line out socket the that's the one to use because it leaves the Send/Return functionality available for later use.

Don't use speaker cables though. These are line level signals and screend cables should be used to minimise interference. A guitar lead shoudl be fine, though it's best to keep things as short as possible.