Why become a member? ×

Just Ordered a TC BG250 (old version) yes theres a new one out

hollywoodrox

Hi I just ordered a brand new TC electronics BG250, read lots of good stuff about them, been saving up for ages for a new amp, so am hoping this will last me a fair while, I like to play hair metal/classic rock, eg reckless love, aersosmith Ratt , guns n roses , van halen etc.

It should arrive tomorrow, will not be able to test it out properly as I live in a quiet residential area in a coach house split into 5 flats.
I knew there were some teething troubles with a few at first, the guy in the shop said they had sold about 125 and only had about five back and they were in the early numbers like 3, 4, and 5 and the last one they sold that was returned was the 25th so the later stock should all be ok.

It is the best I could afford on my budget and quite useful in its size and weight as I have no car etc.
should be fun, by the way the footswitch which I havent bought yet is the tc switch 3 but apparently the digitech fs 300 will work as well.

The new BG250 model has just come out , alongside a host of other 250 models which are I think a 2 x8 a 2 x 10 and a 1 x 12.
The new bg 250 1 x 15 like i have bought looks the same except it has 2 white knobs in the middle of the controls which control the new toneprint effects, yes there are two yes "2" tone print slots on the new version. I was not particularly bothered about this I just wanted a decent lightweight amp that would be able to stand its own with a drummer and guitarists and from threads I read on this and other forums, it should do the job.

All I have got to do now is find somebody to jam with haha a lot of the stuff I play is usually root notes or foowing the guitar riffs.

have a good day all.

really pleased with my BG250

had it about 3 months now and is plenty loud enough against our enthusiastic drummer and competing lead guitarists.

the sound / tone alters quite a bit when the master is turned past 4 and it sounds a lot better in the higher numbers

I find that mine works better with my ibanez gsr200 wihch is an active bass rather than my peavey t40.
not sure why i guess it is a modern amp working with a modern bass.

no matter how i mess around with settings on the amp and peavey it just doesnt sound as good as with the ibanez - on my old ashdown amp the peavey sounded 100% better than the ibanez???

still the ibanez and the BG250 have a far better sound than the ashdown set up I had previously so I am well chuffed with it

easy to cart around as well as it is pretty light for the size of it

ENJOY :D