Why become a member? ×

Frustrated gentle rant

karlfer

I wonder if it's worth having a "I'm traveling from X to Y thread on here!
I once took a Double bass to Glasgow from Manchester from a BC seller to a BC buyer as I was gigging up there.
I travel the length of the country all the time, surely making arrangements for pick up drop off is possible and a few quid towards fuel everyones a winner. There must be loads of us that travel about.
If it's well known members and the finance has been done properly... you could even insure it!
My thinking is not terribly clear, but someone here could run with this idea

I recently sent an EUB to Beedster (London to Wales) via ParcelForce (the only company that offers a 'large box' service). I put very prominent stickers on both sides of the box saying "Fragile - musical instrument".

So Mrs Beedster comes home and finds a shredded box in her garden, with a big hole in one side, packing material blowing everywhere, and sat in the pouring rain. A covered porch was 10 feet away. Furthermore they forged Beedster's signature to pretend he had accepted delivery.

Utter disgrace. Fortunately the bass was so heavily packed and solid it was unharmed. Otherwise this would really have kicked off