Why become a member? ×

LostProphets - The inevitable end

MiltyG565

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1380643259' post='2228356']
Also Watkins is such a miserable sod live!
[/quote]

Strange, the couple of times I've seen them live, Watkins put on a hell of a show. Bizarre character, certainly, but very entertaining.

This was a bit after they released Liberation Transmission, so may have been different earlier / later.

Also, I seem to be unusual in that I really like Liberation. Not as fond of fakesound, and The Betrayed was bloody awful!

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1380642983' post='2228349']
I remember feeling sorry for the rest of the band when Watkins was arrested as it's basically killed the rest of their careers, I wouldn't have thought a band made up of former Lost Prophets members is going to have much sucess.
[/quote]
[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1380704110' post='2229079']
My thoughts exactly. I knew as soon as he was arrested, they were over.

Mind you, it would have obviously been a lot better to not have this outcome, but they have had a long run at it. I was roughly 17 when they first came out, (I think!). I'm now 32.
[/quote]

I feel very sorry for the other guys in the band, too, and the whole experience must have been a terrible shock in all kinds of ways . The fact that it has also wrecked their fantastic careers in music so far seems terribly unfair to me . Whatever comes to light in this case and whatever the eventual verdict in court ( and let's [u]never[/u] forget the maxim of innocent until proven guilty up until that moment ), these fellows have got nothing to do with what may have happened . I sincerely hope that, despite the kind of highly charged emotions that always( quite understandably ) surround these kind of cases. that the wider public would have the good sense to realise that the other members of the band are not associated with whatever may have ocurred and that their own reputation would be untainted. I think it would be great if these fellows formed a new band together, and my gut feeling is that they would face no prejudice if they did so, although maybe that is being slightly naive on my part. The last thing in the world they should do is hide themselves away and act like they have anything to feel ashamed about . Lost Prophets were never my taste in music, but I really feel for the remaining band members and I wish them well .

Edited by Dingus