Why become a member? ×

SOLD Japanese Squier Jazz Bass
£300

LukeFRC

Now £250! trades or offers listened too! Yeah! :D

The clearout continues....

I love this bass - and it gets a lot more play time at the moment than my precision. It's fun to play and I'm sticking it up as I feel I should as part of my declutter but really wouldn't mind if no one was interested :D
Why am I listing it again???

Traded last year, original owner also traded it and swapped necks of a Squier MIJ 1992 ish Precision and Jazz -
so lovely MIJ Precision neck - the text Squier has been rubbed out, but I don't think it was a silver series, but from that era. The nut width is thinner than most precisions but wider than a jazz.

The early 90's japanese Squiers have a good reputation but also have some kind of Basswood MDF stuff used to make the body, I bought a slightly downsized alder body, I painted it red and used that. The front of the body isn't as big as a regular Jazz bass so the neck was redrilled for 2 of the holes being in slightly different position.
All hardware the same as came with the Squier body, except scratchplate and screws
The ceramic pickups sound amazing - it's a jazz bass but a more lively slightly aggressive one that most sound.

great bass, super fun to play. No case, in Leeds.

Edited by LukeFRC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so someone was after this... so I unbolted it and boxed it.... and never heard from the buyer. So a bump and if someone wants free postage they can have it right up till the point where I unbox it.

at that point I may rip the frets out and keep it as a fretless. Though a shame to butcher such a nice neck, so by the time I've found a new neck so I don't butcher the nice one on this you may have well save me the bother and buy this off me....

[quote name='Davy' timestamp='1394284393' post='2389856']
She's a lovely colour, if only I'd seen this before I bought a squire precision last week!
[/quote] precisons and jazzes are good couples you know :D ;)

• 2 weeks later...

really don't know what to do here... it's in a pox ready for posting. Do I part it out as individual bits, keep it and not play it.... ? It really is a bit daft to have it sat here unplayed so any offers listened too, esp if you're local.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='spaz91' timestamp='1396294587' post='2412042']
I can't tell from the photos, what colour is that finish? Is it a Fiesta Red or more of a pink?
[/quote] the wife calls it Heinz tomato soup colour. Pinky red orange colour... Molotow's shock orange if I remember correctly.

• 2 weeks later...