Why become a member? ×

How to price your bass for sale

kendall

I'd have a search in the for sale section on here and see what recent similar stuff has gone for, also search the recently completed stuff on ebay for similar...condition will need to be comparable in any reference listings...

that's all I do...am usually somewhere near the right price :)

[quote name='kendall' timestamp='1380179759' post='2221789']
Cheers Andy - that simple huh?
Will do some digging.
Ta
[/quote]

Yep that's all there is to it matey, I usually round stuff down for bc though as it's a community of friends rather than a shopping environment...

I always think that if something looks complicated I'm looking at it wrong and there is usually a simpler way B)

I'd say also look at the price on gak/thomman etc and go for a price which is *significantly* less, even if the bass is in great condition.

IMHO the mistake a lot of folks make on here is expecting to get 90% of new price for a used bass. Typically these don't sell and get bumped for months. Stuff which is more realistically priced (say 50-60% of new price) sells easily.

IME this method arrives at a pretty similar number to looking at completed ebay listings, sold stuff on here etc, obviously you can do both :)