Why become a member? ×

Needle in a haystack, my old precision

NJE

This is going to be a long shot but I thought what the hell its worth a go.

When I was 16 I got my first 'proper' bass, it was a USA Standard Precision, in sonic/baby blue with a maple neck. Like so many of us do, I sold it naively and regretted doing it as it had a lot of sentimental value (long story, I wont go into it).

Anyway I stumbled on some old pictures of it earlier and one with the serial number. I have seen a couple like it since I sold it and always asked the owners its history to see if it tied in with mine, sadly not.

Anyway I just thought I would see if anyone on here owned it, just to know that its in good hands and maybe even see if they would be interested in selling it.

So its serial is: N7268475, it was fitted with a bridge cover so will have that or two screw holes left over. It was at one point fitted with a basslines pickup after I owned it and had a pearl white, and pearl grey pickguard when I sold it as well as the original white.

If anyone on here owns it, I would love to know that it is still being used and has a good home. Or if its owner is a member and is interested in selling it, let me know.

Here is the bass:
[attachment=144118:IMG_0523.JPG]
[attachment=144119:IMG_0539.JPG]

Thanks chaps, it was a superb bass which is why it has lingered in my memory. I have been through so many basses over the years and have regretted only two sales, this bass and the one that replaced it, which was a stingray that I know is owned by a member here.

The colour was amazing, I bought it in Cranes in Cardiff and they had two precisions of the same year. This had a rosewood board originally and they had a white one with maple neck. I didn't want white and maple at the time (one of my favourite combos now) so they just swapped the necks for me and set it up. Probably not the done thing nowadays but they were happy to do it, best of all it was only £600 new.....how times have changed.