Why become a member? ×

Getting ibanez style small concentric pots from the UK

Woodinblack

My ibanez SB1000EWN is still my favourite bass, but at the moment it is next to unusable when plugged in as touching the tone controls is an explosion of noise, and once you do it takes a while to get anything out of it again. I cleaned them a few times but it only lasts a week or so until the problem comes back, so I need to replace the tone pots (the volume and balance are fine).

Looking at the parts list, I can get the genuine ibanez ones for $22 each, but really cant justify paying that much just for a pot!

Looking at the parts list I need small 50k and a 100k concentric center indented pots with a solid shaft. Actually one of the pots has only a center indent on the top part, not the outside part, but I can live with it having a notch.

Looking around I find this:

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALPHA-SVD-A50K-Concentric-Stacked-Potentiometer-Guitar-Bass-Active-Electronics-/181202208269?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2a307e460d"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALPHA-SVD-A50K-Concentric-Stacked-Potentiometer-Guitar-Bass-Active-Electronics-/181202208269?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2a307e460d[/url]

which is fine, but twice as much in postage as the pot. If I can't find them anywhere else I will get them there but was wondering if there was anywhere else in the UK that sold these?