Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot cabs

goblin

I'm just wondering, how often did Trace Elliot make none standard cabs? As far as I'm aware, the 2103x (2x10 / 2x5) is a 300 watt cab at 8 ohms. Now mine never had a model ID on the back plate, not even wattage, it's just blank.

I've just converted from canon to speakon sockets on both cabs, and we've realised that the two 10" drivers are original Trace Celestions, but they're 200 watts each. This means my cab's at least 400 watts then as I haven't factored in the ratings of the 5" drivers.

Has anyone on here got any ideas about this one?

Didn't buy it new, I've probably had it for about a year and a bit now but it's easily over 10 maybe 15 years old. And it could have been reconed in the past, either way I can't really complain for paying less than £100 for what I thought was a 300 watt cab :lol:

They sure did :lol: Is it true they once did a 21 / 22" cab specially for Tony Levin? Or is that just a rumour :P

Looks like it's a 400 watt cab then, and my 1x15 is uprated to 300w so a combined load of 700w ain't too bad, I'd have to be driving the Hartke a bit to get that and I only get to turn it up to 4 nowadays!