Why become a member? ×

FS: Vintage V950B
£80

karlbbb

Hi all,

It is with great regret that I have to 'hang up' my bass playing for good. Working with computers, being an avid gamer and playing guitar/bass heavily for years has led to numerous problems, and a combination of carpal tunnel and RSIs has forced me to tone back this type of activity as much as possible.

So I have for sale my trust Vintage V950B five string. It's a really nice finish for a budget bass, with a bubinga body. Active electronics with a P+J config (Controls are: Volume/Pickup/Bass cut&boost/Treble cut&boost). View some additional specs [url=http://www.stagebeat.com/Vintage-5-String-Active-Bass-Guitar-Bubinga-V950B-2658]here[/url].

The bass itself is in very good condition, with no obvious dents or marks. The current setup isn't too bad, but I think the bass would benefit from a setup (action is a touch high on the B string for example). The strap and gig bag shown in the pictures will be included.

Shipping: I will not ship this bass. Local pickup is available in the St. Helens area, and I will of course be willing to deliver in the North-West area/meet half-way for no extra charge.

Any further questions, ask in here or PM.

Regards,
Karl

[attachment=143704:IMG_2716.jpg][attachment=143705:IMG_2717.jpg][attachment=143706:IMG_2718.jpg][attachment=143707:IMG_2719.JPG][attachment=143708:IMG_2720.JPG][attachment=143709:IMG_2721.JPG]

Sorry for the tardy reply - don't know how I missed this :(

Thanks for the offer Tommorichards...very kind of you, but no longer required.

I was looking for a cheap 5-er just to see how I got on, but following a chat with the bass player in a band I saw last night (who I kinda know to speak to but not somebody I'd have called a mate) I've got a Yammy on the way on 'borrow it for as long as you like' terms :)

I guess this is a bump...

just out of interest why won't you ship? get a box from a bike or guitar shop, take a couple of turns off the string tension, pack box well and robert's your senior male relative. i've shipped or had shipped to me over a dozen basses and none have taken any harm. i imagine this would have gone by now - to me if no one else :) - if geography wasn't a barrier.

Edited by lownote12

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late responses all. A mixture of hectic work and broken internet left me unable to respond.

The bass is still here for anyone interested.

I won't ship because I do not trust a single company to deliver it in one piece. In fact, if you check back through the basschat history, I once drove a bass from Wigan to Cheltenham as a personal delivery to avoid shipping it - this was in a period where time and petrol money was in abundance :D