Why become a member? ×

Nearly Dan In Birmingham

Pete Academy

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1378669381' post='2203092']
Ahh. Was it your band that came to the Gloucester Guildhall last year or so, I wanted to come but was sadly working. If you are this way again, I will definitely come
[/quote]
I was at your gig at the Guildhall gloucester. Excellent gig. Now I know about it I will be at the hare and hounds gig too.
It's a nice venue, small and most bands there play far too loud. If I get a chance I'll say hi.

Jazzyvee

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1378685816' post='2203295']
I was at your gig at the Guildhall gloucester. Excellent gig. Now I know about it I will be at the hare and hounds gig too.
It's a nice venue, small and most bands there play far too loud. If I get a chance I'll say hi.

Jazzyvee
[/quote]

Cheers mate...definitely say hello.

[quote name='Pete Academy' timestamp='1378646430' post='2202714']
Nearly Dan are playing at The Hare and Hounds in King's Heath, Birmingham on Sunday 15 September. Doors at 8pm.

www.hareandhoundskingsheath.co.uk

This is our first time at this venue.
[/quote]

Only down the road from me, may drift down - I'm not the world's biggest SD fan, mind, so £20 to get me and the better half in might not fly :( if you fancy blowing the froth off one beforehand though...

Great gig last night Pete, your bass sounded heavy but not overpowering out front. I also found out yesterday we have a common musical friend Louise Mayer, who was also there at the gig. She says she sometimes deps on backing vocals in Nearly Dan. I used to play guitar in her band in the early 80's.

Small world

Jazzyvee

• 2 weeks later...

Pleased to hear the gig went well Pete.

It's a venue I used to do in the DSO days and my biggest memory of it is that the management always kept us waiting for about an hour to load-in and then expected us to be loaded out and gone within 10 minutes of the last chord being struck.

Happy days!! :gas:

I trust that it's improved and/or is under new management now?

I seem to recall that it is where Frank Skinner learned his trade in the early days? I think Snarky Puppy did it earlier this year too.

VERY pleased to hear that it is still trading. anyway. ;)

[quote name='bassicinstinct' timestamp='1380211518' post='2222400']
Pleased to hear the gig went well Pete.

It's a venue I used to do in the DSO days and my biggest memory of it is that the management always kept us waiting for about an hour to load-in and then expected us to be loaded out and gone within 10 minutes of the last chord being struck.

Happy days!! :gas:

I trust that it's improved and/or is under new management now?

I seem to recall that it is where Frank Skinner learned his trade in the early days? I think Snarky Puppy did it earlier this year too.

VERY pleased to hear that it is still trading. anyway. ;)
[/quote]

Hi mate, good to hear from you. Birmingham is typically a no-Dan zone, but that was a good gig.