Why become a member? ×

Precision body, neck and scratchplate project
£50

I’ve got a precision style body, neck and scratch plate for a project if anyone is interested. I bought the neck off here a while ago and a body blank from eBay but I won’t get round to this project as I’ve been building my own basses from scratch and have enough other parts to keep me busy!!

The neck is a fairly basic one by the look of it but is true enough (I did lash a working bass out of these bits just to try it a while ago). Truss rod moves fine. There’s no nut or tuners fitted.

The body is, as far as I know, swamp ash which is pretty pricey these days. It's a three piece body. I’ve cut the neck pocket and scratch plate to match the neck and have routed the pickup and control cavity. It still needs working on (radiusing the edges and any other shaping).

If you fancy having a go at making your own bass I’m looking for £50 collected – I’d prefer not to post if I can help it.

Cheers

Jez

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1378423993' post='2200276']
Where you based, I'm interested in this
[/quote]

Bugger, just checked this post online (as against on my phone) and I see your in Tewksbury! Bit far for me then, if you change your mind on postage let me know :-)