Why become a member? ×

TRADED - Spector Euro 4LX
£800

Conan

OK, all local trade offers and options have fallen through or been withdrawn :(

I'm not sure what the problem is with selling Spectors at the moment, as they really are top quality basses. Maybe a bit of the Warwick syndrome? There seem to be a lot currently for sale but not shifting, whereas people are queueing up to buy Fender Jazzes?! :rolleyes:

I probably won't be bumping this bass any more, but will leave the thread up in case of any genuine interest, but I am rather sick of people who make offers and then simply stop communicating!! :angry:

"[i]I want to buy your bass -will you ship it to Greece/Ireland/Germany...?[/i]"
"[i]Yes of course I will, at your expense[/i]"
Then silence....... :o :blink: :unsure: :angry:

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1383999708' post='2271691']
OK, all local trade offers and options have fallen through or been withdrawn :(

I'm not sure what the problem is with selling Spectors at the moment, as they really are top quality basses. Maybe a bit of the Warwick syndrome? There seem to be a lot currently for sale but not shifting, whereas people are queueing up to buy Fender Jazzes?! :rolleyes:

I probably won't be bumping this bass any more, but will leave the thread up in case of any genuine interest, but I am rather sick of people who make offers and then simply stop communicating!! :angry:

"[i]I want to buy your bass -will you ship it to Greece/Ireland/Germany...?[/i]"
"[i]Yes of course I will, at your expense[/i]"
Then silence....... :o :blink: :unsure: :angry:
[/quote] I know how you feel mate there has been alot of time wasting d--kheads on here recently but I bet we aint the only ones it is happening too though anyhow GLWTS mate :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1384430371' post='2276544']
I know how you feel mate there has been alot of time wasting d--kheads on here recently but I bet we aint the only ones it is happening too though anyhow GLWTS mate :)
[/quote]

Thanks. Plenty of other people seem to be selling stuff though. There are even Foderas and Wals getting bought! :o So there is clearly some cash around...

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1384448001' post='2276859']
Thanks. Plenty of other people seem to be selling stuff though. There are even Foderas and Wals getting bought! :o So there is clearly some cash around...
[/quote] I said that on another thread I think it is only the real top end gear going or the really cheap stuff there does not seem to be much of a market for the stuff in the middle or maybe no one wants our basses boohooo joking aside I think the market will pick up soon :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1384449048' post='2276875']
I said that on another thread I think it is only the real top end gear going or the really cheap stuff there does not seem to be much of a market for the stuff in the middle or maybe no one wants our basses boohooo joking aside I think the market will pick up soon :)
[/quote]

Yeah, I've noticed that a lot of basses in the £700 - £1000 range are getting a bit stuck just now. I suppose that in a time when people are strapped for cash there will always be a demand for cheap basses, and the kind of people who can afford the top stuff are less likely to have been affected by the "credit crunch" or whatever they are calling it now...

Still - trade offers welcome! :)

Looks like I might be trading this weekend (although I've been there a few times already with this bass :angry: ), so last chance for a cash sale!! :)

Crikey, just noticed that this thread has been viewed nearly four and a half thousand times!!! :o B)

Edited by Conan

Now traded! :) Courier collecting it tomorrow....

Note to mods - please don't lock the thread yet. I'll change the thread title when the new owner confirms receipt of the bass B)

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1385369316' post='2287340']
Now traded! :) Courier collecting it tomorrow....

Note to mods - please don't lock the thread yet. I'll change the thread title when the new owner confirms receipt of the bass B)
[/quote] Nice one :) what did you get to replace it with in the end mate?

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1385386227' post='2287561']
Nice one :) what did you get to replace it with in the end mate?
[/quote]

I'd rather not jinx it in case of any shipping problems.... :unsure: but it is a Fender. Not made in either USA or Mexico. It is an artist model Jazz bass, but not a Geddy Lee. Think funny-shaped scratchplates... ;)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1385390806' post='2287623']
I'd rather not jinx it in case of any shipping problems.... :unsure: but it is a Fender. Not made in either USA or Mexico. It is an artist model Jazz bass, but not a Geddy Lee. Think funny-shaped scratchplates... ;)
[/quote] Aha OK cool :) Think I know what it is hope you enjoy it my friend :)