Why become a member? ×

MTD 635-24 for sale - new lower price
£2550

Arnoldoc

New price: £2350

For sale my beautiful MTD 635-24, a great example of Mike Tobias' genius. I have previously owned another 635-24 and one 535-21 and this one has the biggest and more "traditional" tone out of three. It also has the least grizzle and sizzle. The woods are alder and bloodwood for the body, maple and ebony for the neck. As you would expect, the bass has a full body of note, with clear mids and highs. Lots of attack, too, not compressed at all.

Unlike most hi-end basses, this bass is very uncompressed. What you play comes through. It also has amazing dynamics! I'd say this bass is as good a modern-voiced active bass as you can get.

The ergonomics/playability is the best in business for me (I've played virtually every high-end bass) IMHO. I like to setup the bass with very low action and I've never been able to get such low action without getting fret buzz.

The bloodwood is much more attractive in the flesh, it's one of those woods that are satanically hard to get to photo well. The bass is in mint condition (there is just a very very small nick in the middle of the back of the upper horn as shown in picture 5, but is difficult to get on the picture) and comes with the MTD hard case/tool set. Otherwise in perfect condition with practically no playing wear.

Asking £2,350 plus shipping. Both the bloodwood top and ebony board carry a hefty upcharge these days. I'm looking for an outright sale.

Thanks for looking,
Arnoldo

Edited by Arnoldoc

• 2 weeks later...