Why become a member? ×

Les Evans Custom Olivewood 6 String Bass. NT, EMG, John East. Outstanding Bass. Possible Trade Options + Cash...
£1350

binky_bass

Hey Guys,

It’s with a bit of a heavy heart that I must move this on... Its truly one of the best basses I've owned, an absolute masterpiece and about as rare as a rare thing gets. This is a 6 string Les Evans custom bass with an Olivewood body, Ebony fret board and Bubinga back. It has a John East 18v pre amp with 2 EMG soap bar pickups, the bridge is a Warwick 2 piece and the controls are a joy to work with, pumping out deep dark thunderous lows and crisp clean highs.

The condition of the bass is excellent; no notable knocks or dents anywhere to be seen. The action is low, but you could get it lower if you want. The nut is fully adjustable, you can lower the height of the strings at the nut which makes for a very easily adjustable bass, and obviously it can be done via the bridge as well.

This bass has been repeatedly referred to as "Fodera Quality" and is does very much deserve that title, the build of this bass is nothing short of outstanding. The carvings are just beautiful with recessed knobs, abalone side inlays, and hours of time spent shaping the unique style of the body, something I actually feel surpasses Fodera. Of course you are welcome to come and try this bass if you want; I'm based in Wickford, in Essex and am on [b][u]07912222127[/u][/b].

[b]My trade options are simple, Ideally I want all cash for this bass, however, I would be prepared to listen to trade option so long as I get at least £600 cash. I would do a deal for £600 cash and a bass to the value of £800, or something very close to that. I'm fairly open to trade options, below are a few options...[/b]
[list]
[*]Music Man Stingray 5 string
[*]Fender J or P 5 string
[*]Anything Spector or Warwick (preferably 5 or 6 string)
[*]Possibly anything 6 string
[*]Anything else, TRY ME!!!
[/list]
Also, see below a comment made by another basschatter regarding this bass... (Hope it’s OK to use this!)

[i]"I have no affiliation with the seller but having played this when Les had it in for service a few years back I can say with confidence that this bass is simply stunning. I don't think Les is building anymore but, having owned three Les Evans basses I'd have to say that they are on a par with anything I've ever played. The build quality is superb and his eye for detail (look at the fingerboard, the partial recessing of the control knobs etc.) elevated some of his builds to works of art. I also had the same combination of EMGs and East preamp (looks like a u-retro?) on a couple of the basses Les made for me and they sounded lovely. On this occasion the claim of Fodera league build quality is [b]not[/b] seller's hyperbole - this bass is worth every penny of the seller's asking price and I would humbly suggest it might actually represent something of a bargain. I know I sound like I'm going over the top but when I saw this is Les's workshop I must have spent about ten minutes just looking at it before it even occurred to me to play it! This will make someone a very, very happy bunny."[/i]

(Just as a note, the price the author of the above comment is referring to was £1750, as that was what the previous seller advertised the bass at, I am asking £1350)

Please ask any questions at all, feel free to get in touch, come view the bass etc. etc.

Let me know dudes!

Russ.

[attachment=142005:20130304_152832.jpg][attachment=142007:20130304_152901.jpg][attachment=142010:20130304_153105.jpg]
[attachment=142011:20130304_153128.jpg][attachment=142012:20130304_161141.jpg][attachment=142013:20130304_161149.jpg]