Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Marleaux Consat Custom 6
£1300

Treyhr

Hi guys! My name is Chris. I live in Kraków - Poland.

I am selling a 6 string Marleaux Consat Custom bass from 1999. Ebony Macassar. Bought some six years ago as an ex - demo model from www.mufa.ch and since then it was my main and only bass. 34 inch scale and 5kg.
A truly "boutique" instrument, a singing, lyrical top and aggressive bottom. The B string is phenomenal. This bass reacts to any articulation tricks, very comfortable, moderately heavy. All strings sound evenly, all over the fretboard, in any position, everything is consistent, there is no buzzing, frets are almost in perfect condition, and the action is low. Almost every sound engineer and luthier that had contact with this bass praised its sound and almost every soundcheck was instant.

I swapped the original Bartolini pickups with the ones made by great polish luthier - Zbigniew Wiącek. On Bartolinis it was typical hi-end - a lot of very nice top, and great, balanced low end , very noble, but a little hard and a bit too compressed for me. On new pickups it’s more open, deeper, and middle oriented and generally the sound is more soft and sweet, there is now an option to disconnect the coils. The second switch is a passive / active. Mr Wiącek has installed a dual knob - volume + tone in place of the original volume control , which gives you the possibility of such matting as in Foderas, but for me it works better on passive mode. The rest of the electronics is original, and I’ll add the original volume pot as well

The main and probably the only disadvantage of this instrument is a scar close to the neck mounting screws, the little accident while tightening the screws, gently broke the body, but it was so slight that the luthier had to extend the gap using heat to pour the resin. It is visible, but (even though I know how it sounds :)) this has absolutely no effect on the sound, comfort, on anything and it happened at the beginning of my adventure with this bass. Wooden electronics cover is slightly deformed, and years of playing left some scrapes, scratches and other signs of wear, but the bass looks great, nicer than on those pictures. I’ve just replaced the jack socket with the one that Gerald Marleaux has sent me for free. I know it’s not really important, but I really, really like this bass :) A lot can be learned. I sell it because after so many years of playing it I wanted to experiment on my sound a bit.

Comes with Gator G-slinger deluxe gig bag and a set of new d’addario strings

Some old samples, all from the Bartolini era

[url="https://myspace.com/chilumi/music/songs"]https://myspace.com/...umi/music/songs[/url] - recorded directly through m audio fast track pro

and some live recordings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lYyZ7XM4RQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZdNlfB-jt8

there’s a bass solo from 4:40

I sincerely recommend it!

Asking price [color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4][b]1300[/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4][b]£ - [/b][/size][/font][/color]insured shipping with DPD in europe is included

Not really looking for a trade, but who knows. I will gladly listen to anybody who's interested in this lovely bass.

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

String spacing should be 18mm - at least that's standard on Consat 6-strings nowadays.

Extremely nice bass btw....a Consat Custom 4 was my main instrument for a long time and I can assure you that these basses are extraordinary. Very good price, too. :i-m_so_happy:

Hi!

You can totally adjust the string spacing. in my case it's between 17,5mm and 19mm on different strings. I think it is an ETS tuning fork bridge, but with engraved Marleaux logo. I've replaced the saddles with new ones 4 years ago, that's why they're black. I like it that way.