Why become a member? ×

DB book library - your views!

ubassman

Don't know how many BC-ers have seen the "PASS IT ON" part of the recycling thread?

What are peoples thoughts to replicate the idea here but specifically for DB ? The concept is simple - if you have a DB method book that you would be happy to donate ( say Simandl or Ray Brown for example) or piece of music ( Grade 3 ABRSM piece for example ), or even have found a link to a free pdf set of exercises, they can be made available to other members in a dedicated DB library area . If you want to borrow the Ray Brown to see what its like for example, you put your name down in the Ray Brown thread of the library and whoever has the book will pass it on when they are done. All books get passed on from member to member. The Double Bass library could possibly be pinned like Daff's Innovation Strings as a sub forum .

...if theres enough interest then this could be put into motion subject to speaking to the powers that be ( I have run this past one of the Mods who says in principle that yes this could be done but would like to gauge interest from members ).

So, vote now in the poll ! ;)

Edited by ubassman

I've got a load of books i dont use anymore. Good for beginners.

J.S Bach for unaccompanied Double bass
Suzuki 3 and 4. Just bass parts
Yorke solos for double bass and piano. Volume 1
Time pieces for double bass vol 1

I have simandl which i shall keep for ever. Too many important little scribbles and hours spent going through exercises to throw that one away.

You'd have to pry most of my favourite books out of my cold, dead hands! Still, I'm sure there are a couple of books I could offer. There's the Bob Magnusson walking bass lines book, I'll have a look and see what else I've got that might be helpful!