Why become a member? ×

Gone thanks.
£530

karlfer

[quote name='Chest Rockwell' timestamp='1377715283' post='2190819']
random I know, but any interest in a trade for an orange SP212 plus cash? I'm in Cardiff tho, might involve driving!

I so love my black Geddy Jap I would like one in Sunburst too!?!! :D
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer Mr. Rockwell. I actually had one before. If I still had it and the OBT 500 I used to have, I would have been very interested.
Think now that I have the Barefaced, it's unlikely I will ever want another cab though.
Again, many thanks and good luck,
cheers,
Karl.

No problem for me to organise a courier in the UK Jamie, however;
1. It would need to be fully insured and with Interparcel that would cost a buyer another £29, taking the total up to £589, including hardcase and insured courier delivery.
2. It would need to go to an address where somebody will definitely be in, eg work address, as the courier would need a signature.
It is quite possible for somebody to arrange cheaper collection at £10/£15 if they chose not to insure, HOWEVER, I would not accept responsibilty for any damage on an uninsured bass. To me, they are too expensive to not insure in transit.
Many thanks,
Karl.

Thanks for the kind offers Nick and Jamie, but as it is almost new apart from that damn headstock chip, I am going to hold out for either a very good trade offer (Fiesta Red Road Worn J or P , bit of loot your way,hint :lol: ), or the £560 plus courier, or £530 collected without bag/case.
The bass plus case was £840. At £560 I'm losing £280 (33%) on a year old bass and case in very good condition. A lot of folk seem to think a year old bass is worth nearly as much as a new one. Fortunately, I don't :P .
So if neither of the above prices happen, I will just keep it for a few years, when I would guess it will still be worth around £500 as long as I look after it.
Good luck in your search chaps and thanks again.
DON'T FORGET peeps, I am only using the hardcase to ensure safe delivery. If you don't actually need a hardcase, flog it on locally for about £45, it will more than cover the courier cost :D
Cheers,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer

Perhaps I should not have turned down Jamie's kind offer of £560 and I pay the insured delivery.
Live and learn. Except I rarely do :rolleyes: . Gratuitous photo.
[URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/DSCF0309_zps30a085b8.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/DSCF0309_zps30a085b8.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by karlfer

Spare bedroom/music room Jody. Only 3 basses live in that room, usually in a 3 bass Fender rack.
The cases live above the wardrobes so she can't see the bits I missed painting.
The Glaub is usually on a stand in the front room next to the telly, just in case there's nowt on :P
Having said that, we've been married 33 years, don't really listen to anything she says now.
sh*t, gotta go, she's coming :o :lol:

Too many basses and wives :P
Thing is Jody she gets things every year from gigs.
Earlier this year she got three days in London, a night at the ballet, the next night at a show. I even went to the bar all the time.
Understanding can be subtlely bought :lol:

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1378712085' post='2203385']
Now on FEEBay :(
All attempts will be given up after that. It's an excellent bass at a good price (on here).
Cheers,
Karl.
[/quote] Have you tried Gumtree or Preloved mate as the new ebay fees are a killer and it is such a yummy bass :) anyway GLWTS mate :) I think it is a great price for this bass wish I had that kind of dosh spare I love the Geddy basses and have always fancied one

Edited by Thunderbird

Yeah, tried Bumtree and Freelove but little joy and quite a lot of timewasters sadly. Hopefully a FEEBayer will come on here and buy through this website.
If not, as I say, last stab. If I keep it I will make sure I gig it occasionally, to justify having it :D
bad back = " Stunning bass.good with e bay". Thanks Jamie. Your offer was very close last week.
If you are still as interested, perhaps you would pm me at some time, we may be able to work something out.
Cheers,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer