Why become a member? ×

recommend me a Steinberger headless type bass

Cygnus x-1

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1375802921' post='2165876']
I think you've mistaken me for another poster. I haven't uttered a word of criticism against your bass. What I said was that the graphite basses are a totally different instrument.

Not quite sure how you make the jump to the copies being unplayable.

CB
[/quote]

Well i posted in defence of mine, and your post followed mine with the statement "Once you've played an original graphite Steinberger, you'll see what we mean"
Sorry if i got that wrong but im not sure what else to make of the "we mean" bit, other than that you are agreeing with the previous poster about something.

You also said "I'm sure the modern wooden basses may be totally fine", so again, im assuming you are referring to my bass and i responded with that it was, and while the real thing will probably be better somehow, it doesn't take anything away from my bass being fine as well..

I meant no offence, but it seemed to me your comments were directed at me, and that you were agreeing with someone else's comments.

No harm done. Im not trying to start an argument, just pointing out that i have no issues with the wooden bass.

I'm not one for criticising anything that other folk like. Whatever floats your boat.

But I was agreeing with an earlier poster's sentiment - if you're in the market specifically for a Steinberger type bass - you really should try one of the originals.

Do I think your bass is crap? No. I don't.
Do I think the original Steinbergers are better? Very much so, in every single way apart from financial cost and weight.
But hey, that's just my opinion.

CB

• 2 weeks later...

The B2 (passive) and B2A are very playable. The 5-string versions a little less so - the necks seem a bit fatter (not just wider but thicker too) while the 4-string necks are rather slim. I've got a B2V (passive 5) as a back-up bass - it takes up very little room and its very presence means I will never have to use it. I used to have a B2 but that went in px for a Thumb in 1987.