Why become a member? ×

Jazz Bass rewire - assistance needed

Storky

Hi, new here, this is my first post!

I'm looking for some advice/help:
I've got a MIM Jazz that i want to get rewired, but i haven't got a clue how to do it, (not being technical) especially as i want it a bit different. What i want is Volume, Blend (Pan), and Tone/Parallel to Series.

Firstly can anyone tell me if this combination is possible and secondly, is there anyone out there based between say London and Brighton, who could do it for me?

Appreciate your thoughts.

I've been thinking about doing this too. I can see a possible disadvantage of the set up as I think in series mode you'd lose the ability to have both pots on full volume. Yet it would be interesting to try.

[size=4]I can see how I would do it. I'd also wire it with a push/pull switch for the [/size][size=4]for the series-parallel on the [/size][size=4]tone pot . This would leave a neat configuration of the pots where you only have the blend and the tone/parallel-series-switch pots. [/size]

Yes I can do it. I live north of London, but I will be coming near Redhill on 6th August as I'm going to be going to Southampton.

That sounds good, at least it seems what i want is do-able!

The bass is having a re-finish at the moment and the guy doing it may not have it back to me by 6th (he's going on hols), but if i can get it back by then i would certainly be interested in you doing it. i'll have to come back to you nearer the time.

Thanks for your comments.

as i dont have any fancy lable system on my Tablet software, i just marked Neck/Bridge as 1nH/2nH
The Push/Pull has been shown as 2x2P2T switches
UP in Series (Bridge to Neck and then using the Blend as a Volume [only way I could figure it out]
Down in Parallel with the Blend Dual Pots 500K but values are up to you, just uses that values to show the difference between the Pots
Then goes in to a Tone Pot (shown by the 300K and followed by a 47nF, again you can pick your own values)
Finally a Volume (Shown by a 250K Pot) the X is just the output {i dont have a jack plug icon}

Thanks Guys - really appreciate the comments. If its do-able, i'm keen to get it done. Its very frustrating when you know what you want, but have no idea how to do it!

The bass in question is having a new finish at present, so will be a couple of weeks before i get it back.

Are there any pitfalls or likely issues with what i'm looking to do?