Why become a member? ×

DELETE please

Clarky

Have discovered that a smaller cab is fine for most of my band's gigs, which normally have PA, and thus Markbass 106 is a bit of an unused luxury.

Just wondered if anyone interested in this pretty lightweight (77lb) high-quality 10x6" 6-ohm cab. Has literally left my house only once, for a gig at the Hope & Anchor, Islington and is too big and powerful to schlep along for band rehearsals. It looks totally as new. Cost me, from memory, c£900 from Bass Centre in London in February (they now charge £1,035, prices went up during 2008 due to strong Euro). Would have to be pick up from Central London (I live nr Hammersmith) due to size.

Edited by Clarky

These 6x10s that we both have are fantastic standalone cabs and for someone agonising over a single cab solution that doesn't want to go the whole hog and get an Ampeg monolith, they really are are a great idea! If I weren't downsizing bands (full on 4 piece rock band to acoustic duo) then I'd have a 6x10 any day of the week.

Hope you have more luck than I have Clarky... I have to confess that even though I've got a pair of replacement cabs I'm still gigging my 6x10 this weekend :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='217673' date='Jun 12 2008, 03:22 PM']These 6x10s that we both have are fantastic standalone cabs and for someone agonising over a single cab solution that doesn't want to go the whole hog and get an Ampeg monolith, they really are are a great idea! If I weren't downsizing bands (full on 4 piece rock band to acoustic duo) then I'd have a 6x10 any day of the week.

Hope you have more luck than I have Clarky... I have to confess that even though I've got a pair of replacement cabs I'm still gigging my 6x10 this weekend :)[/quote]
I'm amazed that noone's gone for your TechSoundsystems 6x10 - but thats what also makes me think I too will have no joy - could be a blessing in disguise as my band might have a few gigs coming up in July, some of which might require the full 6x10 monty!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Clarky' post='215213' date='Jun 9 2008, 08:27 AM']Have discovered that a smaller cab is fine for most of my band's gigs, which normally have PA, and thus Markbass 106 is a bit of an unused luxury.

Just wondered if anyone interested in this pretty lightweight (77lb) high-quality 10x6 cab. Has literally left my house only once, for a gig at the Hope & Anchor, Islington and is too big and powerful to schlep along for band rehearsals. It looks totally as new. Cost me, from memory, c£900 from Bass Centre in London in February (they now charge £972, think prices gone up due to strong Euro). Would have to be pick up from Central London (I live nr Hammersmith) due to size.

Would also consider trade against a vgc Fender US 1962 sunburst/RN Precision reissue (Jamerson stylee, the only bass I still covet)[/quote]
been a while so bump time

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Clarky' post='215213' date='Jun 9 2008, 07:27 AM']Have discovered that a smaller cab is fine for most of my band's gigs, which normally have PA, and thus Markbass 106 is a bit of an unused luxury.

Just wondered if anyone interested in this pretty lightweight (77lb) high-quality 10x6 cab. Has literally left my house only once, for a gig at the Hope & Anchor, Islington and is too big and powerful to schlep along for band rehearsals. It looks totally as new. Cost me, from memory, c£900 from Bass Centre in London in February (they now charge £972, think prices gone up due to strong Euro). Would have to be pick up from Central London (I live nr Hammersmith) due to size.[/quote]
Bright yellow and black super-lightweight bump!

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='316744' date='Oct 28 2008, 02:40 PM']Swap you for a Stagg Stingray :huh:[/quote]
Nah, wouldn't want to see a fellow BassChatter get a bum deal :)

I would swap for a two-inch thick pile of £20 notes ....

But seriously, would really like cash due to imminence of the C word (not the fat guy opposite you Wayne)

PS, can be glimpsed to right of my (now sold) FG Rick in this photo [attachment=15289:clarky_basss_049.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

BUMP - would much prefer cash but will listen to trade ideas with a value in £700 region (vs >£1,000 current brand new cost* of this mint condition, virtually unused cab)

NB, I only like 'trad' basses (Fenders, Lakland Fender-alikes etc) and I don't need another head or cab. Would possibly consider a compact lightweight combo for practices (Mesa Walkabout, Markbass 1x12 or 1x15 combo with cash adjustment in my favour) but would have to be lightweight given my dicky back (no Traces, Ampegs etc)?

Please PM me with ideas if you fancy a super-light 6x10 effectively at a 30% discount from new price.

* eg £1,027 at the Bass Merchant

Edited by Clarky

Your posts are slightly confusing Clarky regarding the price.
You say you are offering 30% off the retail price....
Is that 30% off what you paid for it (£900), 30% off retail as you posted in July (£972) or 30% off retail now (£1,027)???? :)
This is mean't in the nicest possible way... do us a favour mate... stop faffing and name your price! :huh:

[quote name='tombboy' post='317684' date='Oct 29 2008, 03:51 PM']Your posts are slightly confusing Clarky regarding the price.
You say you are offering 30% off the retail price....
Is that 30% off what you paid for it (£900), 30% off retail as you posted in July (£972) or 30% off retail now (£1,027)???? :)
This is mean't in the nicest possible way... do us a favour mate... stop faffing and name your price! :huh:[/quote]
Sorry if unclear - £700 cash or trade equivalent

And the 30% discount is compared with what it would cost you new today, as prices have gone up for the strong Euro (Bass Merchant £1,027; Bass Centre £1,035)

Hopefully faff-free :huh:

Edited by Clarky