Why become a member? ×

Name of Song At stanley Clarke Concert on 22nd May 2008

Grand Puba

It was called Goodbye Pork Pie Hat and it is an old Charles Mingus tune!

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Grand Puba' post='215212' date='Jun 9 2008, 08:20 AM']Dear All

I was at the concert at the Jazz Cafe in London on 22-05-2008. What was the name of the tune he opened the concert with before "Lopsy Lu". It is driving me mad as the riff seems very familiar. Anyone in the community know?[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='215281' date='Jun 9 2008, 10:52 AM']It was called Goodbye Pork Pie Hat and it is an old Charles Mingus tune!

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

Thanks Gunsfreddy2003.

Its a bit embarrasing that I have "If Only My Bass Could Talk" on vinyl but have not played it for a long time since I have no reliable way of transfering it to an MP3 player.

[quote name='Grand Puba' post='215212' date='Jun 9 2008, 08:20 AM']Dear All

I was at the concert at the Jazz Cafe in London on 22-05-2008. What was the name of the tune he opened the concert with before "Lopsy Lu". It is driving me mad as the riff seems very familiar. Anyone in the community know?[/quote]

If you want another angle on it watch this [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm1jdhiwoZs"]Joni Jaco[/url]

Its only for a minute or so before Jaco goes into his schizo solo mode.

No worries at all - it is on his Greatest Hits type CD which I have had since I was 19!

There is a great program by NCH Software called Golden Records which you can use to take music from cassette or vinyl directly on to your PC or Mac. I used it last week and it is great, easy to use and not bad quality either!

If you go to www.nch.com.au and search for Golden Records you and download it and get a weeks free trial. Worth doing that just to get your fave records into MP3 or you could just buy them again on CD!

[quote name='Grand Puba' post='215336' date='Jun 9 2008, 12:02 PM']Thanks Gunsfreddy2003.

Its a bit embarrasing that I have "If Only My Bass Could Talk" on vinyl but have not played it for a long time since I have no reliable way of transfering it to an MP3 player.[/quote]