Why become a member? ×

New Fender Colours ?

njr911

I'd really like a Road Worn Fender but the current colours arn't top of my favorite list.

How often do Fender release new colours ?

A roadworn Sonic Blue, LPB, Burgandy Mist....now you're talking.

Same for the CV Squiers, the PINO red is not my bag...bring back the Sonic Blue please!

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1372848089' post='2130561']
You do realise that if Fender had been a UK company, those colours would have been Austin Allegro Green, Morris Marina Plum, etc.
[/quote]

I used to own an Allegro in a colour which my wife always described as diarrhea biege. That would probably equate to vintage tweed in Fender colors.

[quote name='canarybass' timestamp='1372886760' post='2131317']
I used to own an Allegro in a colour which my wife always described as diarrhea biege. That would probably equate to vintage tweed in Fender colors.
[/quote]
From memory, that was Harvest Gold.
I hate myself for knowing this.

CB

[quote name='canarybass' timestamp='1372886760' post='2131317']
[/quote]

Woah, hold up, one does not simply own up to owning an Allegro.Some debasement may be appropriate here.... :D

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1372847365' post='2130551']
I'd really like a Road Worn Fender but the current colours arn't top of my favorite list.

How often do Fender release new colours ?

A roadworn Sonic Blue, LPB, Burgandy Mist....now you're talking.

Same for the CV Squiers, the PINO red is not my bag...bring back the Sonic Blue please!
[/quote]

I really wanted a Surf Green Road Worn P bass so I made my own.

Vaguely copied the wear on my fiesta red 'real' road worn P, after spraying nitro and tinted lacquer. The tinted lacquer didn't look right on surf green, made it look almost olive, so I sanded most of it off when flattening the finish, and just left a few patches here and there to add to the aged look.

Took a few matches to the white scratch plate to yellow that in areas, sanded the fretboard here and there, etc etc, and stuck my original road worn tuners on it (as I had to put res-0-lites on the RW as the body is so damn light it was neck heavy) and hey presto.

I think I did a good job, I'll post pics when I get a sec.