Why become a member? ×

I've killed my Orange Terror Bass 500...

Hick Jim

It was sounding great but midway through it's fourth outing it just stopped working.

Checked the fuses, swapped the valves, nothing. Completely dead.

I have a guy looking over this at the moment as I bought it preloved with no warranty. He's sorted out the soldering as we all know Made in PRC isn't a sure sign of quality craftsmanship.

Orange HQ are reluctant to help out. I've been told it's more than likely something to do with the transformer.

Anyone had any similar problems ??

Cheers,

Jim

Edited by Hick Jim

Unfortunately I had exactly the same happen to mine, cut out several times, then just stopped working. Orange could not have more helpful, they had a courier pick it up and it was back with me a couple of weeks later having had the power supply repaired. Sadly a couple of weeks later it started blowing the mains fuse (power supply again). Orange then sent me a completely new unit.

Edited by gerryc

Plus one on good Orange customer service so i can't work out why they aren't being helpful as I have only heard positive things on here. I bought mine and the orange light didn't come on but they sent a replacement out free of charge no quibble. Good luck sorting it out

I had mine sent into orange in february with a weird, intermittent screaming noise. Turned out to be the PSU. They fixed it.

A cap blew a couple of weeks ago on the PSU and I sent it back in, a brand new terror bass turned up unannounced. I was over the moon!

edit: this was bought second hand and out of warranty.

Edited by jaydentaku

[quote name='jaydentaku' timestamp='1373749398' post='2141317']
I had mine sent into orange in february with a weird, intermittent screaming noise. Turned out to be the PSU. They fixed it.

A cap blew a couple of weeks ago on the PSU and I sent it back in, a brand new terror bass turned up unannounced. I was over the moon!

edit: this was bought second hand and out of warranty.
[/quote]

How did you go about it?

My mate called orange customer service with a suspect dodgy PSU on his orange tiny terror, they told him to go to a local repair shop. It cost him about £100.

I'm only curious, as I have a bass terror and would be good to know, just incase anything goes wrong.

Cheers

Thenassman

[quote name='thebassman' timestamp='1373818807' post='2141914']
How did you go about it?
[/quote]

I am just nice on the phone, I play it dumb and butter them up. People tend to respond well to that. I said that I hadn't had it very long, which I hadn't. That seemed enough for them

[quote name='jaydentaku' timestamp='1374058106' post='2144715']

I am just nice on the phone, I play it dumb and butter them up. People tend to respond well to that. I said that I hadn't had it very long, which I hadn't. That seemed enough for them
[/quote]

That's good advice.
My terror is working fine at the moment, but it's good to know Orange have good customer service, just in case it goes wrong.
Cheers
Thebassman