Why become a member? ×

G'day

chris_b

Hi, I'm Chris, living in Kingston upon Thames and have been playing bass for years.

I come from a time when you could name Bill Wyman as an influence (and I do) and people would be impressed! Other influences include John McVie, Duck Dunn and any black American who played bass between 1947 and the present, especially Willie Weeks, Reggie McBride and George Porter Jr. There were a lot of very good white ones as well.

I'm currently playing a Lakland 55-94 and a Wal Mk3 5 string through an Ampeg SVT3, Mesa Boogie 2x10 and Mesa Boogie 1x15 with EV speakers. I'm also using a GK MB150S. I use DR strings.

I'm currently playing with several loud and noisy guitar heroes following in the footsteps of Peter Green, SRV and Jimmy Page. A couple of "classic" pop covers bands and an acoustic duo with a great guitar player.

Oh, and I also use hearing protection from Advanced Communication Solutions Ltd, www.hearingprotection.co.uk.

Cheers

Edited by chris_b

• 2 years later...