Why become a member? ×

Multi-effect - built in mp3 player

dincz

Guest FretNoMore

Maybe not what you're looking for, but an iPhone or iPad with a guitar interface and a suitable app can be a great practice setup. My iPhone is my MP3 player anyway.

Edited by FretNoMore

Thanks for the tips. These are good solutions but don't quite suit. Ideally, I'd like a giggable fx box that will double as a trainer. My phone needs are basically stone-age so I can't justify the cost of an iPhone :(

The GB10 comes close but is a bit limited effects-wise. I'm probably looking for something that doesn't exist. For one thing, the cost of the necessary internal memory for music storage would bump up the price of a multi-fx, only to add functionality that most players wouldn't want or need.

the digitech GNX4 is a fx board with a full set of bass amps, cabs and effects as well as guitar fx it has a looper, mp3 playback and an 8 track hands free recorder built in, it also has a DBX mic preamp and 4in 4 out audio interface included too :^)
they were pretty expensive brand new but still sound great now and are far better sound quality than most current modeling units.
they are so good i have 2 :^) and go for little money used on ebay.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MoJo

I know someone who gigs in a very successful Led Zep tribute with an iPad. No backline. Just an iPad into the PA and in-ear-monitoring. Sounds bloody good too

Edited by MoJo