Why become a member? ×

Anyone bought from chingo123 in Japan?

OldGit

I'm looking at the rather nice used basses that chingo123 has for sale on ebay.
[url="http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZchingo123"]http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZchingo123[/url]

He's in Japan.
Really good feedback, frequent flyers (some then selling the stuff in their own countries) etc.
It all looks great..

So, has anyone on here bought from him?
OG

[quote name='OldGit' post='213635' date='Jun 6 2008, 08:34 AM']I'm looking at the rather nice used basses that chingo123 has for sale on ebay.
[url="http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZchingo123"]http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZchingo123[/url]

He's in Japan.
Really good feedback, frequent flyers (some then selling the stuff in their own countries) etc.
It all looks great..

So, has anyone on here bought from him?
OG[/quote]
Nope but bought from other frequent Japan eBayer, Lenoirvinyles (or similar) - reason for replying is to warn that you have to pay c20% tax on import from Japan as well as postage so it does bump up the cost - that said I got my nice 1990s Ramones-alike P bass that way for an all-in cost of just over £300 (helped by seller declaring a "conservative" value for the bass to customs :))

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='213648' date='Jun 6 2008, 09:15 AM']Nope but bought from other frequent Japan eBayer, Lenoirvinyles (or similar) - reason for replying is to warn that you have to pay c20% tax on import from Japan as well as postage so it does bump up the cost - that said I got my nice 1990s Ramones-alike P bass that way for an all-in cost of just over £300 (helped by seller declaring a "conservative" value for the bass to customs :))[/quote]

Yes that was my next question :huh:
I know theres the info on importing guitars that Dood wrote - but that's from Ishibashi etc.. ie companies ... I was wondering what the duty hit would be from an eBay deal.

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='213677' date='Jun 6 2008, 09:59 AM']I'm guessing it makes bugger all difference where the deal originates Si, I imagine it's dependent on how conservative (or otherwise) your seller is with his valuation.[/quote]

Probaby right

Yes I've eBay Msg'd a few of his customers too .. :) They don't have to answer ..

Si, i have been hit badly by customs when buying stuff from ebayers in other countries..............................so either add in the likely extras (20% sounds about right), or ask your seller to be conservative with the selling price,or possibly even declare as a ift (you just MIGHT get away with it at customs, but not always!!).The downside to that though is if the item is damaged, insurance will only cough up for declared value, so you lose out anyway

[quote name='narnia' post='214195' date='Jun 7 2008, 08:55 AM']Si, i have been hit badly by customs when buying stuff from ebayers in other countries..............................so either add in the likely extras (20% sounds about right), or ask your seller to be conservative with the selling price,or possibly even declare as a ift (you just MIGHT get away with it at customs, but not always!!).The downside to that though is if the item is damaged, insurance will only cough up for declared value, so you lose out anyway[/quote]

Yeah Cheers ...
it wasn't really the customs, etc , that I was asking about, more the integrity of the seller ...

Hi

I purchased and rather fine Tokai Hard Puncher from chingo123. The transaction was fast, the packaging was good and the shipping was fast.

The guy is a dealer so is set up to trade all over the world.

Go fo it.

Nick

[quote name='Blink' post='214497' date='Jun 7 2008, 05:26 PM']Hi

I purchased and rather fine Tokai Hard Puncher from chingo123. The transaction was fast, the packaging was good and the shipping was fast.

The guy is a dealer so is set up to trade all over the world.

Go fo it.

Nick[/quote]

Thanks Blink.
I've had a nice email exchange with him.
Sadly someone BIN'd the bass I was looking at whislt I was out gigging yesterday but I'm happy with the guy when he gets in what I'm looking for.