Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: WARWICK STREAMER LX4

ianrunci

[quote name='ALFIE NOAKES 900' post='214717' date='Jun 8 2008, 03:05 AM']How about a Musicman Sterling 4 string, in translucent teal?[/quote]

Sounds good but your a bit too far away, I am hoping for something local so we can both try before trading :)

• 2 weeks later...

Might be looking to sell this now I think and look round for a new bass afterwards. Not really sure what they are going for at the moment, time to trawl Ebay I think and have a look at the prices.

"Still open to trades though", although pref someone from oops norf so we can both try out before trading

Still available, I am dreading putting it on Fleabay but its getting close to that time.

Really lovely bass this chaps for anyone who like Warwicks. Not sure what they were new b ut I think it was around the 1200 mark. The new ones can be bought at GAk for 899 but they are definately inferior to these older models

These are great basses - I have a '97 model and it plays and sounds amazing.

As you're probably aware, the Warwick market is slow. From what I've seen on here, as much as they did retail for £1200+ back in the day, you'd probably be lucky to get £500 for one right now. Such a shame as they really are quality instruments and, as you say, far superior to the current LX range.

Edited by geilerbass

This used to be my bass (not that it's gonna sell any quicker for that fact!). But I can vouch for both the bass and the seller. If I had more than two pennies to rub together I would be incredibly tempted to take this back! Good luck Ian I hope you can find a buyer/trade for this.

[quote name='bassfunk' post='232467' date='Jul 4 2008, 09:18 AM']This used to be my bass (not that it's gonna sell any quicker for that fact!). But I can vouch for both the bass and the seller. If I had more than two pennies to rub together I would be incredibly tempted to take this back! Good luck Ian I hope you can find a buyer/trade for this.[/quote]

she is indeed a beauty but I fancy a change :) how is the band coming along by the way?

[quote name='geilerbass' post='231811' date='Jul 3 2008, 10:17 AM']These are great basses - I have a '97 model and it plays and sounds amazing.

As you're probably aware, the Warwick market is slow. From what I've seen on here, as much as they did retail for £1200+ back in the day, you'd probably be lucky to get £500 for one right now. Such a shame as they really are quality instruments and, as you say, far superior to the current LX range.[/quote]

Yeah I suppose its supply and demand. I'm not too bothered, it costs the same to buy a new one of these new as it does a fender US Jazz or a stingray. The second hand prices should be about the same but it comes down to how popular they are at the time of the sale.

I might wait around a bit cos I think they will eventually bump up in price.

[quote name='ianrunci' post='232474' date='Jul 4 2008, 09:34 AM']she is indeed a beauty but I fancy a change :) how is the band coming along by the way?[/quote]

I sold the Yamaha too so I guess we're both still searching for that perfect bass! The bands coming on great except the drummer has decided to go on holiday for 6 weeks! just when we're ready to start gigging!

Good luck with the sale mate.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='MB1' post='248941' date='Jul 27 2008, 03:21 PM']MB1. :)
Hello Ian!
If this had been a Thumb 4BO id be looking for change down the back of the Couch now! :huh:[/quote]

heh heh, much better than a thumb IMHO I don't like the shape of thumbs one bit. I thought I had it sold at one point but it turned out to be a scammer :huh:

to be honest I am becoming more reluctant with every gig I do with it to part with it, its just that I really fancy jazz type thingy or a Stingray for a change