Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic hall of fame, Reverb, tone print gary willis.

funkgod

I have been for years now using my secret weapon an old boss RV3 a Digital Reverb and Delay, in one, with out doubt the best thing i have found far short of taking my TC fireworx out the rack and gigging it,
but just found this which sounds yummy goood as well.
has anyone got one, tried one ?, their thoughts on it most welcome please.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAl_4ct5zDw[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu4jj2FUdTY[/media]

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1371504809' post='2114863']
An excellent reverb pedal.
[/quote]

Hi Ac, thanks,
just checked out your ac basses.
Very nice.
your in moffet ?
i go to the roots show there every year, and do the rally through the hills.
A great weekend ( spent a few drunk nights in the black bull !)
wish id have known someone makes basses there befor now, makes the trip
even more intresting.

Edited by funkgod

That is a good event but a bit depressing. Every year I see more cars that I know very well buy did not regard as being old then stop think about it. They are a fair age. More than welcome to drop in if you are in Moffat this year.

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1371506729' post='2114892']
That is a good event but a bit depressing. Every year I see more cars that I know very well buy did not regard as being old then stop think about it. They are a fair age. More than welcome to drop in if you are in Moffat this year.
[/quote].
Thanks if im there this year i will, ( sold my alpine now tho :( ) but will still go for the weekend.
Cheers.

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1371500730' post='2114800']
has anyone got one, tried one ?, their thoughts on it most welcome please.
is there a dedicated bass version of this or is it the same one for bass and guitar.

[/quote]

I am the proud owner of a H.O.F! and I'm very pleased with it. I've been collecting the TC 'toneprint' pedals for my board this year (pre-loved and mostly 2nd hand). I really like the Beatty Hall toneprint by L42 bassist; Mark King.

Zero tone suck with either passive/active basses; as far as I can tell. I use all of my TC pedals in the effects loop of my Trace valve pre-amp (GP12XV) and recommend them 100 per cent. :)

i have managed to get one from a very nice fellow bass chatter andreapenna.
On fist trying i was not that impressed as prob was expecting a massive improvement
on my RV3, but then after Andrea,s good advice i tried the editor and managed to clean
up the amount of bass boom in the reverb its self, not the bass sound.....
there is a very handy switch in the software ( pic att switch at top) that lets you turn off your bass sound so you
just get the reverb added to the bass sound ( with the sampled reverbed bass in it)
you can then move the timing of where the reverb comes in up to 100ms after you play your note.
so when you press said switch to bring back your bass sound,
you play your note you get the percussive sound of you playing it with no tone suck and no reverb at the
beginning then the reverb comes in when you want and as soft as you want with out muddying up the beginning
of the notes, when it does come in you dont want a wooly boomy bass sound in the reverb ( this is the sampled
bass sound now) this is the bit i liked, by using the tone control this only effects the tone of you sampled bass in the
reverb, not your own played bass sound, so you can take the boom out of it, if that makes sence.
All in all yes happy with it. and a good learning curve in understanding reverb alot better
I will try it live but i dont think it will drag me away from my RV3 ( i really like the addition of the D,Delay as well,)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuqs9Y9OzAY

Edited by funkgod