Why become a member? ×

1972 Gibson EB3L - SOLD PENDING USUAL

tanuki

This is a 1972 Gibson EB3L, the long scale version of the gibson bass made famous by Jack Bruce..

The body is mahogany and the neck is maple with a rosewood fingerboard, the frets are in great condition, neck straight with no issues and no neck breaks or repairs anywhere..
The bass is in great condition with only one noticable ding on the bottom of the bass...

This thing play like a demon and sounds amazing, really deep with loads of clarity, i think the slightly further back positioning of the big pickup helps eliminate the muddiness that was often associated with EB basses, the bridge pickpup certainly helps aswell as there are a great range of sounds on offer..

I had this bass checked out by Vintage and Rare Guitars in Bath recently and they confirmed that the bass was all original except a refinished body, they valued it at £1200

The pickguard has been signed by Mike Watt (The Stooges, fIREHOSE, minutemen) although the signature can be easily removed if that is not your kind of thing...

My friends are all saying i am stupid to sell this but i need to thin things out and im going to regret it but...

Heres some pics anyway..

SOLD

Edited by tanuki

[quote name='Shockwave' post='213346' date='Jun 5 2008, 05:03 PM']Hmm i swear i saw a bassist play this once in bristol at the fleece. It looked and sounded awesome! Good few years ago though.

I love it, wish i had the money :)[/quote]

quite possible, think its been a bristol based instrument, thats where i got it anyhow, i played it at the fleece 3 years ago i think but i doubt its the same gig!

[quote name='tanuki' post='213883' date='Jun 6 2008, 02:37 PM']quite possible, think its been a bristol based instrument, thats where i got it anyhow, i played it at the fleece 3 years ago i think but i doubt its the same gig![/quote]

Yeah it was about three years ago for me too!

• 3 months later...