Why become a member? ×

Orange OBC115 vs Orange SP212

ashokan23

Hi there,

I currently running an AD200B through an Orange OBC115 (2009 white limited edition), but as my family's about to gain a tiny baby, I need more space!

Has anyone had the pleasure of comparing both the Orange OBC115 and Orange SP212 speaker cabs? If so, how do they compare in terms of overall volume? I often play large pubs and halls (mostly moderate to heavy rock) without running through a PA so I need to know that it's up to the job.

Thanks!

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1371049855' post='2109134']
With same power, the PS cab is going to be loads quieter, since you are feeding power to two speaker, but only one of them is moving air. Plus its a smaller speaker.
[/quote]+1. Output is determined by driver displacement. The OBC115 has 343cc, the SP212 has 255cc. If you want a lot of output from a small package the barefaced Big Baby has 496cc.

[i]I haven,t compared them [/i]
I,m using a tb500 with a sp212 without PA and plenty loud,plenty bottom and mids.
Don,t know how it works but it fills the room,doesn,t sound too loud solo! :gas:
but add the rest of the band and it does it so I,m not thinking about the physics just enjoying the ride.
Does the job -no worries.
Try one out is the best I can think of.

I'd stick with the OBC 115. The SP212's are better than you would think...I've tried one out for a fair amount of time. Works better than I expected. Very small and light.

Let's not cloud the amp wattages, and EQ curves. The BT500 puts out a hell of a lot of power...and is rated conservatively. The AD200b is incredibly loud and rich.

The EQ curve is easy to sort...push the mids.

[quote name='ashokan23' timestamp='1371114457' post='2109888']
Thanks everyone. I think I'd need to try both cabs side by side, but I think the OBC115 will be the winner for the moment. Plus, I think that tiny SP212 cab would like daft with that monster AD200B sitting on top!
[/quote]

Ay, that OBC115 is a nice cabinet. Plenty of bite and agression and also provides a nice pillow of bass.