Why become a member? ×

New Bass Day - We will not bow to any sponsors....

Low End Bee

I'm looking forward to hearing the fruits of your latest round of recordings.

I think it's great that there are companies like Eastwood, Hallmark and Eko making modern versions of some of the less well-known 60s guitars, and making playable versions of some of the more "eccentric" designs! Just wish that someone would be brave enough and bring out 5-string versions of the basses. I'd be seriously considering an Eastwood if they made a Stormbird or Hi-Flyer bass as a 34" scale 5-string.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd update as I've got used to the beast now.

I only use the both pickups on setting with V&T full on. The neck pickup is nice solo but there's extra growl and definition with both on. It sits much better in the band mix with both on too. The bridge pickup on its own is still just plain horrible sounding to my ears. New Prosteels have perked it up nicely. I've decided to leave the bridge alone for the moment as once you've set the thing up you don't notice the faults.
Playability wise. Balance is good. It's pretty light and the neck and frets are very well finished.
Used it at a couple of gigs now and it's behaved very nicely.

I still love my Precison to bits. But the clown whore in me ( :blink: ) needs a Stormbird on stage.

Edited by Low End Bee