Why become a member? ×

Sandberg basses – the European equivilant of a a Sadowsky Metro/Mike Lull?

Musicman20

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1370465941' post='2101527']

That's true about the duty and VAT ect .Gareth , and it can be frustrating , BUT ( that's a big but ) ... you have to consider the amount of money of Americans have to take out of their income for medical insurance and other such things we take for granted in this country ( for now at least - no doubt the current Government have got one eye on taking even more things away from us ) then we get a better deal than we might think buying American basses , all things considered in the wider context . In America lots of goods are cheaper , wages can be higher for educated people and basic taxes are lower , but [u]everything[/u] else costs you so it is questionable if you end up with more disposable income to spend on gear . Bottom line is that you get more bang for your buck with the more intermediate -priced pro - quality gear , in my humble opinion . And you are right that you can get more for your money if you buy British or European , providing you can find products that you find equally appealing as the American - made ones .
[/quote]

Good post!

These Sandberg basses look good , and all they need to propel them into the big time as a brand is a bit more exposure from big - name players . My only cosmetic reservation is that the headstock looks ever so slightly ungainly to me , and some of the pickup arrangements ( that P with the big aperture single pole pieces +MM , for example ) look very wrong to me , but they probably sound as good as anything out there and they certainly look very robust .