Why become a member? ×

Lemmy's bass at Bass Gallery

Bassman Steve

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1370331752' post='2099106']
Or maybe, if they admit it's not his bass then they're stuck with a POS they can't sell!
[/quote]

Or maybe, they assumed, as do many, that any POS associated with a famous name will make big money and not be "questioned"

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1370332970' post='2099124']I wonder how much they paid for it? Or is it a consignment sale?[/quote]

Martin's responses implied it was on consignment.

Academic now… it's been pulled. Whether that's off the Gallery's own back or down to the ClangStick Enforcers, I know not… hopefully the former.
Either way, hopefully Martin & Co are a bit more informed than they were a couple of days ago.

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1379851851' post='2217384']
I missed this the first time round. Did anybody snag any pictures? As a Hawkwind fan I always find Lemmy's involvement interesting. I understand he started out on a Hopf bass, then progressed to a 4000 bass with a Thunderbird pickup hacked in. From there he seems to have had a fireglo Rick, as seen in the fold-out Space Ritual sleeve. Other than that I find it hard to follow his equipment list.
[/quote]
The Space Ritual bass was the 4000 with the TBird pickup. He said it was salmon pink when he got it so he sanded the paint off and left it bare wood, which is how it was circa Space Ritual. It's the same bass as used on the Ace of Spades video and was his first Ric. His next 2 were the maple-necked bass ( which may or may not have been genuine, although he thinks it is and is a mod I've often thought about) and the white w/black trim Born to Lose bass.