Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass Super Synth

LiannaDavies

So after a search for a good Synth pedal I recently purchased the MB SS

Does any of you own one?

It's a great pedal however I've been playing around with it for a few days now and still can't quite get the tone I want from it. I've programmed a few of my own presets in there which are okay but not quite what I was looking for from this pedal.

I run it with the XXL tech 21 pedal as I want a fuzzy sub low gnarly kinda tone. Not too dissimilar in a way from what you can achieve from a deep impact and Chris from muses tone.

So yeah I was wondering if anyone uses this pedal and has any preset tips to sound like this?

Also have any of used the pigtronix mothership synth? How do you find that?

I've only tried the MB Synth at trade shows, so have a limited knowledge of it. From what I remember, the preset sounds were pretty decent and useable! However needing to edit patches on computer and not on the fly has put a lot people off I think.
Hopefully there will be someone along who's got some great settings and tips, but I'll forgo presets and stick with my Bass Micro Synth for real time editing :)

Not tried the Pigtronix, but a few guys on here have them. To be fair, anything they make is usually awesome, I expect the Mothership is no exception.

Si

I have a Super Synth and you do need to play with the editing software to get the 'right sound', but tweaking the presets is easier than starting from scratch. I find that putting the output signal through a overdrive (Green Rhino) gives it a nice edge and that it works well if you blend the wet (SS / overdrive) and dry signal through a Boss LS2.