Why become a member? ×

Gigging with small fender tv 10

thumperbob 2002

I do a residency at a venue in the town that is quite hard to park so I have to stop outside the pub ( double yellows blocking the one way street ) get my gear in the venue and get back in the car to the sound of horns as I was blocking the street. Got a little fed up so bought a fender tv 10 to use at this venue. Normally gig with a Harte hydrive 1000w rig. Or a fender tv 15 350w.

Took the tv 10 to the gig last night. This thing is tiny, about the size of our guitards 15w fender blues de ville. Looks great. I always di so really just for monitoring. Big band though 7 piece loud drummer and big monitors.

Was a little skeptical but thought it would be easy just for loading in and out. Had the thing on a stool and on 8 out of 12 on the volume was brilliant. Would go a lot louder but I didn't need any more. Really surprised me. Lovely tone - sounds just like my tv 15 which is lovely. Result. Really I think 150w is sufficient for most uses, if there is a good pa. I bought this for my upright and sounds great but is also good for slab.