Why become a member? ×

Warmoth...?

Hello

I'm after the musicman sound but having played a couple of stingrays and a sterling I couldn't get comfortable with either of them and I can't quite put my finger on why. Seeing as I love jazz basses I hatched a plan to try and get my hands on a jazz style body routed for MM pickup. So far I've found that Warmoth can do it but I'm not a huge fan of ordering from the states. Has anyone on here orfered from Warmoth before...?

Alternatively is there anywhere I can get it done in the UK...?

Cheers

Will

Warmoth do have a good name and I've been looking at getting a bass in parts from them.

You could always grab a Jazz that you like the feel of and have it routed to take the big pickup. Alternatively, find a luthier who's work you like and ask them to make a suitable body.

[quote name='WithoutRisk_BassPlayer' post='211308' date='Jun 2 2008, 07:16 PM']Hello

I'm after the musicman sound but having played a couple of stingrays and a sterling I couldn't get comfortable with either of them and I can't quite put my finger on why. Seeing as I love jazz basses I hatched a plan to try and get my hands on a jazz style body routed for MM pickup. So far I've found that Warmoth can do it but I'm not a huge fan of ordering from the states. Has anyone on here orfered from Warmoth before...?

Alternatively is there anywhere I can get it done in the UK...?

Cheers

Will[/quote]I've ordered from Warmoth .. great products but had to pay import tax etc .... however I know someone who has a MM Sub bass body (single HB routing),
Can ask him if you like (said he was gonna maybe make a little table out of it) ?

Si

I have ordered from Warmoth, great bunch of guys and very good quality parts, just remember to allow for the import duty.The quality would put some big names to shame especially their necks, recommended.

hmmm... you could always get a white jazz and have it routed for a musicman pickup. im thinking about having a musicman pickup on my P/J precision, so i asked jon shuker about it and he says it'd cost about £30 for it to be done and £40 if he fits the pickup. thats not a bad price, and a hell of a lot cheaper than a warmoth body (well, that depends on what jazz you get in the first place i suppose)

The exchange rate is right at the mo too. I ordered on the phone and the guys really know what they're about.

The neck/body fit on my 54 P/Jazz neck is spot on. Necks (even the jazz) are a little 'clubby' but very playable imo.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='212921' date='Jun 5 2008, 06:47 AM'].Necks (even the jazz) are a little 'clubby' but very playable imo.

Peter[/quote]

I noticed that, i assumed one of the reasons was the two strengthening bars in the neck, personally i loved the slightly deeper profile gives you something to hang on to :)