Why become a member? ×

Sennheiser e855 replacement / parts

andydye

I have a few e855 mics and they've been great over the years, one has recently failed and I'm struggling to find a replacement capsule to get it working again.

Has anyone got any clues where I could source parts? I've tried the usual Google and not found anywhere that has them...

Or

What would be a replacement of equal quality and clarity? I've heard good things about heil...?

Ta

I have a few Heil mics. PR20 and PR22 (both UT cos you don't need all the accessories) are both superb mics and certainly outperform the SM58 and Beta in my opinion. Using the Shures as a bench mark, The Heils have a nice smooth top end and a more focused bottom end than the Shure. The feedback rejection is also spot on - defo a worthwhile purchase.

I also have a PR35... they are the dog's danglies on vocals. Sounds lovely.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1369048716' post='2084168']
I have a few Heil mics. PR20 and PR22 (both UT cos you don't need all the accessories) are both superb mics and certainly outperform the SM58 and Beta in my opinion. Using the Shures as a bench mark, The Heils have a nice smooth top end and a more focused bottom end than the Shure. The feedback rejection is also spot on - defo a worthwhile purchase.
I also have a PR35... they are the dog's danglies on vocals. Sounds lovely.
[/quote]

Cheers, that's what I thought matey,

option 1 is Sennheiser can provide a replacement capsule for a reasonable price and I can then repair the mic
option 2 is get misself a PR35 or if funds won't allow that it'll be a PR22ut instead

Well, option 1 is a no goer, neither Sennheiser or their UK spares folks have got capsules to replace mine with so that mic needs junking :(

The upside is I get to do some mic shopping when I scrape some cash together! Heil here I come :)

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1369298022' post='2087357']
Well, option 1 is a no goer, neither Sennheiser or their UK spares folks have got capsules to replace mine with so that mic needs junking :(

The upside is I get to do some mic shopping when I scrape some cash together! Heil here I come :)
[/quote]

Speak to the guys at [url="http://www.micsdirect.com/heil_sound.htm"]mics direct[/url] - they are great. Got me everything I needed by courier before 9am the next day. Top Gear. Top service. And the free XLR is actually a decent Proel one (so take that into account when looking at overall mic pricings)

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1369303218' post='2087432']
Speak to the guys at [url="http://www.micsdirect.com/heil_sound.htm"]mics direct[/url] - they are great. Got me everything I needed by courier before 9am the next day. Top Gear. Top service. And the free XLR is actually a decent Proel one (so take that into account when looking at overall mic pricings)
[/quote]

recommendations always help matey, much appreciated! I was looking at using them but now I will for sure, thanks again!