Why become a member? ×

Yamaha SLB100 - Withdrawn
£1200

Up for sale was my Yamaha Silent Bass SLB100

I love the neck on this, it feels and balances just like a real bass, bows well and has a headphone out for silent practice. It has a custom bridge which will accept other pickups such as Underwood or Shadow etc.

The frame takes off and it all fits in a custom gig bag for transportation.

So this will suit players who are used to a 3/4 acoustic instrument but want to practice into the early hours without annoying the wife or neighbours, or for those gigs where space is tight either in the car or on stage.

I haven't taken any pics yet but there's loads on the net.

I've owned 2 of these, and owned this one twice, I'd be mad to let it go!

[attachment=134830:Unknown-3.jpeg]

Edited by Mr Bassman

Keith,

Why oh why do you list three EUBs at a point in time when i was just thinking about getting an SLB-100 again! All joking aside, and a massive long shot, but if you fancy a PX deal with my Gibson SJ-200 here http://basschat.co.uk/topic/207458-gibson-sj-200-1996-for-sale-trade-or-px/page__fromsearch__1 give me a shout. It's been a while after all :rolleyes:

Chris

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1369059449' post='2084354']
Oh Chris,

The Gibson is stunning but would be wasted on me.

I've sent a link to my son who's a pro guitarist, he might be tempted

'best

Keith
[/quote]

Ha ha, I've never let the fact that an instrument would be wasted on me stop me buying it Keith! Thanks mate, good luck with the sales, sounds like you have a musically very talented family :)

C

Ha ha Keith, nice try but that really is the very definition of a piece of equipment that would most certainly be wasted on me. I'm going to hope that your son is reading this and is a position to negotiate some form of complex three-way deal with your SLB :rolleyes:

Chris

• 1 month later...

Unbump!

I've just put some Evah Pirazzi strings and an Underwood pickup on this bass realised what a gem it is.

Sounding great with the E.P.'s, less sustain, more double bass like.

And of course it feels nice to play, even sitting.

It's great fun to play at home, especially late at night.

It suits the louder, less subtle gigs whereas my Clifton suits the quieter, drummer-less gigs.

So Ive decided to keep it.

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by Mr Bassman