Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Diago pedal boards and Wah pedals

john_the_bass

For those of you who have used the combination of both, is a Diago pedalboard deep enough with the lid on to fit a Wah under?

I am thinking of downsizing my guitar fx board to a Diago board and want to make sure I could fit a Wah in. I've got a Diago board, but laziness is preventing me from taking the lot apart!

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='210982' date='Jun 2 2008, 10:41 AM']For those of you who have used the combination of both, is a Diago pedalboard deep enough with the lid on to fit a Wah under?

I am thinking of downsizing my guitar fx board to a Diago board and want to make sure I could fit a Wah in. I've got a Diago board, but laziness is preventing me from taking the lot apart![/quote]

Yes it is. I have a Diago board and my Crybaby 105Q Wah fits on it fine.

I have the Tourman, and my Whammy pedal sits in it fine. So does my Ernie Ball volume pedal. I've had problems withmaking dents in the foam because the carpet covering keeps coming up inside the case and my pedals are moving around ¬_¬ Nail that sucker into the bottom of the board as soon as you get it!

But even if it is making an impression in the foam, isn't that what the foam is there to do? Cushion the pedals...

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='210989' date='Jun 2 2008, 10:48 AM']Which board have you got? I've just checked Diago's website and the three boards have different internal depths. I rememer my old guitarist moaning about how the top of the wah was knackering the foam in the lid when the board was shut.[/quote]

I've got the Gigman. Yes the wah pedal presses into the foam in the lid, but it hasn't ruined the lid or the pedal in my case. As mentioned before, the only problem I have had is the carpet coming up. My board usually has on my wah and whammy pedal and the carpet does come away fairly easily if you have heavy pedals on it; or you are changing your pedals regularly.

I have a Gigman and it's not deep enough. if the measurements listed were accurate, it would do (just), but what's on the site doesn't correspond to the real thing. The one I got was roughly 1 cm less deep inside than it should. That causes the 105q to press on the foam, which is making it a bit tatty on that spot, and also when I close the case, the pedal ends up half-pressed as well.

On top of that, the carpet was barely glued, all corners came off 1st time I removed a pedal from them.

I complained to Diago and James measured the boards he had in stock and verified the dimension inaccuracy was recurrent, so he said he was going to complain to the company that does the boards for him as they weren't following his specs. He would also complain about the glue.

He offered to take the board back and refund me but I thought to hell with it, I couldn't afford anything better so I decided to live with the short depth problem and as for the carpet I just fixed it myself. Amazingly, getting a load of double-sided tape under the carpet did a better job than the crappy glue they used!

Edited by 1976fenderhead

• 2 weeks later...

for anyone who has been put off diago boards after reading about this, the newer ones ive used when compared to older ones ive had use much stronger glue under the carpet and feel looooooooads sturdier - bloody excellent.

[quote name='Ant' post='220266' date='Jun 16 2008, 10:27 PM']for anyone who has been put off diago boards after reading about this, the newer ones ive used when compared to older ones ive had use much stronger glue under the carpet and feel looooooooads sturdier - bloody excellent.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Ant' post='220266' date='Jun 16 2008, 10:27 PM']for anyone who has been put off diago boards after reading about this, the newer ones ive used when compared to older ones ive had use much stronger glue under the carpet and feel looooooooads sturdier - bloody excellent.[/quote]

Well, that might have just been because of me then... :)