Why become a member? ×

GHS Pressurewound strings - where to buy

ikay

I'm after a 5-string set.but having difficulty finding anyone who stocks them over here (BassDirect only stock 4-string sets).

Does anyone know where to get these in the UK or Europe?

[quote name='Balcro' timestamp='1368466855' post='2077441']
Try stringsdirect.co.uk

I got my "Brite Flats" from there. Go via the "Contact us" link and send them an e-mail. I did this and they obtained the strings within 3-4 days.

Balcro
[/quote]

This and also try Ebay. There are a couple of guys who sell them intermitantly. My fav string btw

A

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1368483072' post='2077706']
I get mine from the USA on ebay.

I love them!
[/quote]

I think I actually got a set a while ago direct from the US on ebay. You dont incure any taxes from what I remember either.

A

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1368483613' post='2077721']
I think I actually got a set a while ago direct from the US on ebay. You dont incure any taxes from what I remember either.
[/quote]
Unfortunately they're getting much more vigilant on imports of small items these days. There have been a few mentions on BC of things such as strings being hit with VAT and duty plus a flat £8 handling fee from the Royal Mail. Some get through but others don't. I've been in contact with Stringbusters and they're checking availability with the UK distributor. If they can't get them then I'll take my chances with ebay.

Feedback from Stringbusters is that the UK distributor (Strings & Things) have no stock of pressurewound 5-string sets and don't expect any for at least 6-8 weeks. Basically sounds like a special order item with a long delivery time.

Thanks apa. I've just bought a 4-string set from BassDirect and will use a roundwound B for the moment. Will message this chap though and see if he can get hold of the 5-string set. I see that GHS also sell packs of single B strings so will enquire about those as well. Cheers