Why become a member? ×

Speaker recommendations - 4 Ohm 15"

jazseven

Hi all, i recently got myself a Gallien Krueger MB Fusion (to replace my 700RBii) and I was gonna use my existing RBH 115 cab and upgrade the speaker to an Eminence Kappalite 3015 to make life easier when lugging gear around. Only thing is that the head is one load of 4 ohms or 2 loads of 8 ohms. I only have one bass cab, which is currently running 8 ohms, so I have my guitar cab plugged in too to make sure the load is correct, and the 3015 is 8 ohms too and not available in 4. so i was wondering if anyone could recommend me a high power rated (400w and up) 4ohm 15" speaker, preferably neodymium but not essential.

Cheers
Jaz

Yep, you can easily run an 8ohm cab into a 4ohm amp. Dont worry thats absolutely fine. You may get about 60% of the volume you would get out a 4 ohm cab though. But theres no danger in doing this.

Obviously though if you want to upgrade to get a NEO speaker, then you'd be aswell to get a 4 ohm speaker but its fair to say ALOT of amps are run with an 8ohm cab and its ample volume.

Edited by lefrash

That amp will be fine with one 8ohm cab. You could change the speaker to a 4ohm one to get the full power from the amp, but it`s unlikely you`d notice it unless really pushing the amp. However adding another 8ohm cab would make a difference - the size & depth of the sound would increase so you feel like your louder.