Why become a member? ×

Effect Trial Project

Prime_BASS

It would be fair to say that there are a few of us here that have a lot of pedals, and a few of us who would like to try some more.

And as we can all appreciate it can be expensive buying pedals just try and only end up moving on in a few weeks time. And trying in a shop is hard not the same as in a mix or at a gig.
I've borrowed a few things from friends that they've had spare or selling to find that its not for me or it is.

So it got me thinking, we are a community and the vast amount of us have a good set of feedback, and opening up the borrowing malarky to us lot should yeild a wider variety of stuff to try.

Not too sure how it would work, obviously postage costs and stuff to manage.

Should this be persued ?

I know there is a few things I want to try without buying first.

It's a great idea, but obviously not without risks. As long as trust remains within the community then it's great.

It's also important that those of us that are more 'relaxed' about meeting deadlines and doing stuff when they say they will put some effort into trying and posting on the stuff to th next person!

Sounds fun though. I've done this with a number if members already (you included) so you know I'm game.

Yeah i did this a couple of times a few years back when i was really into my effects, getting back into them now so could well be something worth looking at! Tis difficult to trust i guess though, particularly with lesser established forum members, would probably be best if pedals of a similar value were maybe swapped for a set period.

I agree, the risk may put other people off but I know a few us seem to have pocketed and a few including myself know a Mod, as shep has mentioned.

So it maybe worth if this was going to work on a wider basis, then allowing a to easily contact you might be something.
Also most of the regulars have a big feedback, and I have yet to meet anyone ingenuine.

And maybe if the Mods would allow feedback to be postef in regards to borrowed/loaned items.
To help increase the trust issue.