Why become a member? ×

tc electronic bg500

bassmachine2112

Hiho
I,m thinking about replacing my roland db700 and powered roland extension cab.
I,m happy with the roland set up cause I can use the combo for practice small gigs and add the ext for more ooomph and I,m happy with the sound
They have been totally reliable over the years-100%.
Space ,weight is my reason for thinking about change for playing pub gigs.
Are they reliable as I gig every week.
have they got a good sound
have they got a big enough sound for pub gigs-If I need to go big I have a marshall stack so no worries there.
cheers

I don't think the BG500 offers much over the Roland. It'll be loud enough for the gigs you describe but really the only reason you'd make the change is just for the sake of changing your rig around and because it's lighter!

Um, if you do move the DB700 on, can I jaw first dibs please? PM me with the price!

Truckstop

Hi.
I have had a BG500 2x10 for a few years now...
There is a thread on here if you search!

Mines been fine, a few of the memory buttons have popped out but that's all that's gone wrong.
It's pretty loud. Imo the speakers let it down a bit, it sounds good through the DI and headphone socket and when not pushed it has a fair bit of punch and tightness, but once you start to push the amp the 210's start to lose some focus and that's really why I use something else nowadays.
I still use it at home as a practice amp and standby should I need it. The 115 might be a bit different. All in all not bad for a budget amp.. depends what your looking for. I wouldn't sell mine, it' one of the best headphone/mp3 amps I have played through.