Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie 400+

thomas

I'm selling to my my 400+ to make way for a host of microphones and P.A related stuff. I've owned this for about 1.5 and in that time have played it for about 10 hours, buying such a thing days before heading off to uni turned out not to be such a good idea.

It was checked over buy a Mesa Boogie amp tech at the start of last year and some scratchy pots were cleaned I was told the valves were in relatively new condition (this holds true with the fact the dude I bought it from said it had been revalved 1 year prior to my purchase).

It comes with a nice fight case and if you want a half finished head case covered in "Green" tolex (I made somewhat of a pigs ear out of this tho).

It resides in the North East at the moment but can be taken down to Nottingham if there is demand, but I'm not sure when.

£725 and it's your's.

Edited by thomas

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I tried one of these when our band got some money(1992) and it was the amp but now, too heavy.
A classic piece of bass amplification.
If I had the space and speakers to match, I would now be on my way to pick it up.
Amazing. Put it with a Peavey 2x15" Black Widow equipped cab and it's all good.
Good luck Thomas.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='208555' date='May 29 2008, 12:43 AM']Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o
o
o
o
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I tried one of these when our band got some money(1992) and it was the amp but now, too heavy.
A classic piece of bass amplification.
If I had the space and speakers to match, I would now be on my way to pick it up.
Amazing. Put it with a Peavey 2x15" Black Widow equipped cab and it's all good.
Good luck Thomas.[/quote]

I've had it thu the Peavey in photo and my other 2x15 cab and that combination did sound and look pretty savage. Also its worth noting that compared to most other valve bass heads its a relative lightweight, but yeah its still heavy.

The cosmetic condition of it is decent but the top plate has some rack rash and it has small tippex marks on some of the knobs from where the previous owner used to like it set, I've never really tried but I'm sure it can be removed with a bit of effort. Anyhow I had time on my hands today and decided to tackle the half finished head case I had made. Being unable to salvage the green tolex I went with some sanding and a few coats of speaker paint, it came out quite nice. The head case doesn't fit in the flight case, still its nice to have both.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not after any trades for bass stuff, I am cutting back on most of my gear as I dont play enough to keep it all any more. I'll be selling all of my gear at some point (minus my Jazz), then make a reasonable little combo, so I have something to play when the increasingly rare urge takes me.

I'm intreasted in trades/sawps for any P.A gear (not speaekrs tho). Its a long shot but I would also listen to trades for a Festool TS55 or a nice table saw (startrite, wadkin, ect).

That is a great price Dan, I'll be thinking again about selling this if thats the typical price atm.

Cheers
Thomas

[quote name='thomas' post='220027' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:58 PM']I'm not after any trades for bass stuff, I am cutting back on most of my gear as I dont play enough to keep it all any more. I'll be selling all of my gear at some point (minus my Jazz), then make a reasonable little combo, so I have something to play when the increasingly rare urge takes me.

I'm intreasted in trades/sawps for any P.A gear (not speaekrs tho). Its a long shot but I would also listen to trades for a Festool TS55 or a nice table saw (startrite, wadkin, ect).

That is a great price Dan, I'll be thinking again about selling this if thats the typical price atm.

Cheers
Thomas[/quote]

I don't think it's typical at all, I'd say it's more like £700-£800 myself. That's why I'm lucky to get one!

[quote name='thomas' post='220027' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:58 PM']I'm not after any trades for bass stuff, I am cutting back on most of my gear as I dont play enough to keep it all any more. I'll be selling all of my gear at some point (minus my Jazz), then make a reasonable little combo, so I have something to play when the increasingly rare urge takes me.

Cheers
Thomas[/quote]
i have a EMI 200PA i could put towards this in a trade if you'd be up for it, its a 200watt all valve PA that can go rediciously loud and i just had it serviced recently

• 2 weeks later...

Top amp there and a great price for all that.

If I didn't have one already I would buy it lol

[quote name='thomas' post='234247' date='Jul 7 2008, 04:11 PM']Hi all,
Sorry but my poor memory and moving house made me forget about this thread, but yes it is still for sale.[/quote]

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Middlesbrough, just 20 minutes down the road from you.

I have a flightcased Ampeg SVT-3 pro for sale with the flightcase and a rack tuner which all cost me well over £2,000, have you changed your mind about exchange? As i would exchange plus offer you cash!
I'm desperate for a 400+!!!

Im actually more near Hartlepool so make it 10 mins. Again tho I'm sort of stepping out of bass playing and moving into PA so as good as your offer is and as lovely an amp as I know the SVT-3 pro (I played thru one) is I can't apecpt. I'll let you if the situation changes.

[quote name='1759JJ' post='253497' date='Aug 2 2008, 08:44 PM']I live in Middlesbrough, just 20 minutes down the road from you.

I have a flightcased Ampeg SVT-3 pro for sale with the flightcase and a rack tuner which all cost me well over £2,000, have you changed your mind about exchange? As i would exchange plus offer you cash!
I'm desperate for a 400+!!![/quote]

ok, e-mail me at [email protected] if your situation changes

[quote name='thomas' post='253570' date='Aug 3 2008, 12:45 AM']Im actually more near Hartlepool so make it 10 mins. Again tho I'm sort of stepping out of bass playing and moving into PA so as good as your offer is and as lovely an amp as I know the SVT-3 pro (I played thru one) is I can't apecpt. I'll let you if the situation changes.[/quote]