Why become a member? ×

Bassjamm's Beasty Bassey Goodness

bassjamm

Hello party people,

It's about i got myself a new thread on here...the other one got lost many moons ago!!!

First up, my beasty F Bass, yes, the one i keep thinking of selling and then not...well it's here still, so here's some viewage:

Next, the beauty that is my Marleaux Constat 5 Fretless edition, this is a real mean machine...sounds awesome, feels awesome, looks awesome...just awesome:

And as you can see, they're both sat in front of my rig, which consists of a monster of a head...an Ampeg SVT II, one of the early, non-pro models from about 1986. Previously owned by Beautiful South...hmm what what! It is quite simply, a monster, i love it! All the vintage valve goodness you'd expect, and then some, but tone galore and a nice smidge of growl...phwoah!!! I Love it!!! Not so keen on the hernia potential though...it's half my body weight :)

The cabs that chuck out the beasty valve goodness...a pair of Dr.Bass RX cabs, an RX210, and an RX1260. So a 2x10 with a tweeter, and a 1x12, 1x6 with a tweeter. Love them, especially the RX1260...it is the most awesome cab i've heard!!!

So there we have it...my rig of doom a weapons of choice!

Feel free to comment away, ask any questions or express your emotions!!!

Agent Bassjamm...over and out...kkkk

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='208435' date='May 28 2008, 10:18 PM']Very nice Jamie - im assuming from the shakky pics that the amp was blasting you in the face with RAW BASS POWER!!!![/quote]

Lol...i forgot to say that i'm not the best photographer!!! I took those after an 8 hour long session in the studio...the amp was on for that long and it didn't even so much as tease me with a hiccup, did me proud!! My hands on the other hand were ready to drop off, hence the shakes :)

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='208435' date='May 28 2008, 10:18 PM']Very nice Jamie - im assuming from the shakky pics that the amp was blasting you in the face with RAW BASS POWER!!!!

Looks sweet as mate, bet it sounds like a monster.

Nice Demolition rig![/quote]
:)

I was wondering about that too, Luke!!

Those basses and that rig deserve better :huh: